“one of the best place on Earth !!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Fripp Island
Fripp Island Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Fripp Island
Reviewed 21 July 2017

We had our daughter wedding here this past March, and the place was so beautiful, we stayed at 778 Marlin, What a beauty !! the beach was just across the street , amazing views from the second floor balcony ! and you had one of the golf course in the back, he had deer come and visit with us every day !!! the resort is close to Down Town Beaufort ! Love it

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 13 July 2017

I rented this two story cottage through tripadvisor and the owner. It was a beautiful cottage and I couldn't have been more pleased with the cottage and the location. It really does have an ocean view and a good pool not crowded. Ocean Point Grille is a short walk across the street and very good for breakfast/lunch. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank nancyn731
Reviewed 8 July 2017

It's SHAMEFUL that this unit is even being rented. And we saw it rated as Silver on a VRBO web site. A previous renter had mentioned on Trip Advisor that the unit was in disrepair. We rented at the last minute and it was the only space that was still available. My husband called and was told that all the repairs that had been mentioned by the reviewer had been fixed.

Appears that it has not been updated in 20 years - furniture is threadbare and I was afraid to walk barefoot on the carpet. The unit smelled, the refrigerator was rusty, there was mold in the shower, the mattress was lumpy, the ceiling fan squeaked all night, there was a bird's nest in the hot tub (not that we even thought about using it as it was so dirty and corroded), there were missing posts on the deck (with spaces big enough for a child to fall through), and there is no wifi. When we first contacted the mgmt office, they told us there was nothing they could do and no other space was available. It was so bad, that we decided we had to spend as little time as possible there, and hung out at my brother's rental house for our first day. But the final straw came when we heard a RODENT chewing in the wall after we went to bed.

Unfortunately, this unit needs a total rehaul. There was a lot of damage to this set of townhouses due to a recent storm, but this is WAY BEYOND storm damage. I would not expect that this unit could be ready this season. Please avoid or you will be very disappointed.

Now to the good ... after we were able to reach a manager on the second day of our vacation, she found a unit that was not on the market yet and she convinced the owner to let us rent it. It was BEAUTIFUL, on the gulf course, sparkling clean. Just a happy, fun place with all the amenities we could want. It was also much bigger than our original space, and rented for a little bit more, but they did not charge us extra. So KUDDOS to the manager for fixing a bad situation, but shame on the owners of our original unit for thinking it's OK to take your money for such a dump.

I went back and reviewed the on-line pictures and you cannot tell how rundown this unit is from looking at the pictures. I see similar reviews for 707 Ocean Cottage, so might be best to avoid both of these units in 2017.

We will be going back to Fripp because it's beautiful and very relaxing, but we will do a better job of looking at reviews. And to be safe, we will try to rent the same house that we ended up with.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank cacoll87
Reviewed 29 June 2017

When I first booked my stay at Fripp, the unit I originally paid for turned out to be "under construction" and I was told I was being given an upgrade to 707 Ocean Cottage.

When we arrived at 707 Ocean Cottage, the upstairs AC was not working. I made repeated calls to guest services, and was told to "be patient." Finally, 2 hours later, maintenance came and determined the AC was not, in fact, working. The manager, Misty, moved my friends and I to a new unit (320 Fripp Villas, which was superb. To be fair, this was an excellent solution, though I suspect we were lucky the unit hadn't been rented for the week).

As with 709 Ocean Cottage (see Amy M's review) this unit should not have been rented. Besides the nonworking AC, the outside is very ramshackle (missing shingles, dirty windows, no wifi, messy porches with decrepit furniture, etc). I understand there was a hurricane, but to rent a damaged house to people who pay a LOT of money in high season feels insulting and grabby. The interior of the unit is not great; mixed thrift-shop decor. You have an ocean view, but no way to access a beach.

I am most unhappy with the way I was treated by service agent Janeen. Of what was essentially a 42-hour rental period, I spent four hours going back and forth to get this resolved. I repeatedly was told "be patient, honey.' I live in the south; I have a PhD. I know when AC is/is not working. Clearly, they did not want to be bothered with me until they had proof of their own the AC was not working and I mentioned a refund/told them we'd go back to Beaufort rather than sleep in that house. They really dragged their feet and I ended up missing Friday evening wedding events trying to call back and forth and then move. I won't be returning to Fripp Island Resort again. I appreciate the resolution they gave (the unit we moved to was terrific) but that it took a whole evening is inexcusable.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
4  Thank Ann617
Reviewed 27 June 2017

My husband and I decided to spend a long weekend enjoying Fripp Island. We stayed in a 3 bedroom villa (Captain John Fripp) by the community center and it was by far the most relaxing two days we've shared. The villa seemed to be updated with beautiful furnishings and amenities. They even had a Keurig with k-cups waiting for us. The bed was very comfortable; even more so then our own bed!

I would recommend renting a golf cart to maneuver around the island. Some of the rentals come with a golf cart, so be sure to look into that.

The restaurant was crowded for dinner, but situated beautifully on the inter-coastal waterway. The food was actually really good! Give it a try. The wildlife and beauty of the island is definitely worth a visit. We are already planning to go back before the summer is ends.

Room Tip: Anywhere on the island is a great locations! Lots of beach access without the crowds!