“It's not the wurst, but underwhelmed”
Review of Schwaben House

Schwaben House
Ranked #6 of 959 Restaurants in Greenville
Price range: US$16 - US$36
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 8 March 2018

Had visited when they started on Pelham Rd. had decent German food but no beer as didn't have license yet, so last night we decided to visit the new locale on Laurens Rd..well, the good news is I could have all the German beer I wanted but couldn't have wurst/German sausage at night. It was cold winter nite and we were craving a platter of various German sausages, dumplings, spätzle, etc. So, what we had was tasty but wasn't why we selected Schwaben House for dinner.. I just don't understand why a higher end German geschrieben wouldn't have a fan favorite such as wurst's on the menu every night. I case that is verboten.

Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

The BEST we've had since living in Germany. The VERY best. Food was incredible from maultaschen soup to the schnitzel. She had the Hager, I had the weiner. The spatzelewas outstanding. Made even more perfect paired with a Warsteiner Dunkel. Sweet, but not as sweet as the apfel strudel. Danke.

1  Thank James R
Reviewed 4 March 2018

It has a nice conservative atmosphere about the place and retirees seem to favor it. I had spaghetti and it wasn't bad, just not worth the money and it was without meatballs. I don't like most fancy restaurants because they rely more on atmosphere, than feeding you lots of good food. If I go again, I will definitely stick to something German. I got out there with a bill around 17 for the spaghetti and good service.

Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

We had never eaten at a German restaurant, our friends recommended this one! The Chicken Sandwich was excellent. Loved the house salad as well! The Weiner Schnitzel was great!!! Hope to visit again soon! And will remember no hats;) this time!!!

1  Thank lkwr97
Reviewed 22 January 2018

This was our second visit to Schwaben House. We arrived early-5:30 on Saturday, no reservations, didn't think at that time it would be an issue for two people. As on our first visit the hostess had that look on her face--no reservations, don't bother me--but she found us a table in a few minutes and all was fine from then on. So please call ahead and avoid "The look". The food is very good, service was what you would expect, the prices about right for the quality. The atmosphere was quite and enjoyable. We would recommend this restaurant but please call ahead. Sometimes I just don't understand why it's a big deal. We hadn't planned on being in that part of town but found ourselves there and thought hey, let's eat German. Please Schwaben, lighten up a little.