“Great Dinner”
Review of Soby's

Soby's
Reserve with OpenTable
Soby's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 979 Restaurants in Greenville
Price range: US$20 - US$55
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: East Court St.
Description: Soby's New South Cuisine is a blend of contemporary cuisine infused with traditional southern ingredients. The restaurant opened in 1997 and is housed in the warm environment of a renovated, century-old building and has a mezzanine level that can accommodate large parties ordering a la carte. Starting with fresh, seasonal ingredients, our chefs transform Southern favorites into something comfortable and fresh. The wine list is a consistent winner of Wine Spectator and Wine Enthusiast awards. Signature dishes include Barbecue Shrimp and Grits, Fried Green Tomatoes with Jalapeno Pimento Cheese, and Crab Cakes Remoulade.
Reviewed 30 October 2017

My husband and I were visiting Greenville for a few days and were delighted to find this place. Although our reservation was for the incorrect day, they seated us right away - and the restaurant was packed. Our server Brian was delightful and helpful with the menu. Fabulous meal - I had the trout, and my husband had the bacon wrapped pork tenderloin.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,413)

Reviewed 28 October 2017

Highly rated online and recommended by our hotel staff and we were not disappointed. We sat on the patio which was a great experience watching downtown and hearing violinists down the street. Started with the ham and Brussels sprout. Who knew ham, Brussels sprouts,peanuts, and honey went so well together. It was very tasty! My drink was a basil cocktail which was very good too. For my entree I ordered the smoked bacon wrapped pork tenderloin. Enough said right? The pork was cooked to perfection. The bacon as expected was a perfect addition. The mashed potatoes and broccoli were great too. Our server Jack did a great job and had an awesome personality. I highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 27 October 2017 via mobile

Went to dinner here for business while on my trip to Greenville. The atmosphere in the corner of the restaurant are amazing. It’s inside of a very old building with structurally is still original. Our reservation was on time and we went right to the table.
Fried green tomatoes appetizer and Nashville hot oysters were ridiculously good. I had the braised short ribs, and a Bourbon glaze, and it was one of the best things I’ve ever eaten. This will definitely be on my places that I have to re-visit. Treat yourself to good down home southern food and eat here

Reviewed 24 October 2017

What a great place, great atmosphere, modern, eclectic, with a touch of class. It starts with the friendly Hello on the door, the staff is wonderful and very accommodating. Wine list is extensive. Loved their food, especially the crab cakes.

Reviewed 23 October 2017

The food was delicious and the location really nice in downtown Greenville, but our attendant was really miserable.
For sure an isolated case, the young lady at the entrance and the other attendants were friendly and affable.
I don't know what was wrong with Cody, our attendant, or why he was so unhappy to work with us, but this is my worst experience so far, my wife was almost scared.

Been to Soby's? Share your experiences!