Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Greenville Airport
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Greer
Reviewed 12 March 2017 via mobile

So disappointed. Supposed to snow tonight and we are sitting in our room shivering. Broken heat. We contacted the staff and was told it was booked up tonight and we couldn't be moved. For our troubles, some extra blankets were giving to us and we were offered extra points. How can you charge for a room with no heat? No apologies yet and we cannot find an alternative hotel. What a joke the customer service is here.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Jessica K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Greenville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2017

Dear Liljohnisthebomb -

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We know you have options when it comes to your accommodations when visiting the Greenville, SC area, so we are thankful that you chose to stay with the Holiday Inn Express Greenville Airport during your recent travels.

I know that you and I corresponded through another social outlet 10 minutes after you posted your concerns and our team rallied together to meet your needs as best as possible and that you were very pleased with the outcome. As you witnessed first hand, I can confidently state that our customer service is an area that our team takes great pride in when it comes to serving our guests.

I assure you that your experience was an isolated incident and again, we apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused you. Please have confidence in knowing that we will use your experience as a teaching/coaching opportunity and if you give us another opportunity to stay with us, I am extremely confident that your next experience would be a positive one.

Holiday Inn Express Greenville Airport
864-213-9331 x 404

Reviewed 21 February 2017 via mobile

The hotel is what you would expect at a HIE. The problem is the front desk staff.
Upon check in, I cane to the desk with a gentleman fiddling around on the computer. I was not immediately recognised for about 2 minutes. He then said: "Checking in again Mr. Smith?" With a wink. For starters this was my first visit to this property, and I AM CERTAINLY NOT MR. SMITH! It didn't make me feel welcome at all. I handed this poor excuse of a front desk clerk my ID, and he proceeded to tell me that I didn't have a reaervation. I said that I just booked it an hour or two ago, and that it probably hadn't been updated. He looked through the registration cards again (using my middle name) and told me that I didn't have a reservation. I provided the confirmation number, and he miraculously found my booking. What a novel concept. I do not feel welcome at this property due to the poor efforts of this clerk. Perhaps he should reconsider his calling. Hospitality is not his forte.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
Jessica K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Greenville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2017

Dear Adam B -

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We know you have options when it comes to your accommodations, so we are thankful that you chose to stay with the Holiday Inn Express Greenville Airport during your recent travel to the Greenville, SC area.

On behalf of the hotel, I greatly apologize that you did not get the warm welcome that our staff are so accustomed to giving to all of our guests. It is a very large part of the culture that we have created among all of our employees in all departments.

I assure you that your experience was an isolated incident as we do have 1-2 employees that we would consider to be a "newer" addition to our Front Desk Team. We all know what it's like to start a new job and there are a lot of moving parts to running a front desk at a hotel. We take great pride in hiring professionals, that love people, that have great customer service skills and have a passion for the industry. I know that when we hire/train/mold/coach/mentor the best, then our guests are provided with the best. So again, I am sorry that you did not get to experience that when you checked in.

Please have confidence in knowing that we will use your experience as a coaching opportunity for all employees and more importantly, if you give us a 2nd opportunity to stay with us, I am extremely confident that your next experience would be a positive one.

If you would like to reach out to me directly to speak in more detail on your stay, please do not hesitate to call or email me directly.

Holiday Inn Express Greenville Airport
864-213-9331 x 404

Reviewed 4 February 2017

Not the easiest to find. (It's behind the Marriot...sort of.) Other hotels are on the "main drag" and closer to food. Zero food within walking distance of this place. Other than that - typical HIE - clean room, usual breakfast, pleasant lobby, ridiculously tilted parking lot. Approx. 5 to 10 minute drive to airport - there is a shuttle. Keurig in room, nice touch. Blackout curtains perfect!

Room Tip: First floor far from lobby has door next to parking lot.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
Jessica K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Greenville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2017

Hi Cwwine,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We know you have options when it comes to your accommodations, we are so thankful you chose to stay with us during your recent travel to Greenville.

I must say, our location is sometimes a blessing and a curse. Our guests LOVE that we are off the beaten path, some even say they feel safer at this location. It is great because you are not bothered with the typical inconveniences that comes with being on a main road; such as the noise, headlights, and overall safety. However, that does mean we are not quite within walking distance of the many restaurants provided in this area. The upside to that: we offer a complimentary shuttle that will take you not only to the airport, but also to the wide array of restaurants within our 3 mile radius. With our traveler's schedules in mind, we have extended shuttle hours starting at 5am until midnight everyday of the week.

Thank you so much for complimenting our cleanliness and pleasant lobby. We have just completed an extensive renovation of our public areas to include our new open concept lobby. We are continually working to improve our guest's experience, so we have also upgraded our breakfast area, fitness center, indoor pool, and first floor corridors.

Again, thank you so much for your wonderful feedback. We look forward to your next stay with us!

Take Care,

Reviewed 26 January 2017

We had a delay in flights and were directed here for an overnight. What a friendly great choice for a moderate hotel. After a short call, we were quickly picked up by the very pleasant assistant manager in nice shuttle bus ( not van), We were assigned a king room which had nice furnishings, including sofa, micro and refrigerator. We were offered a ride to the busy road full of restaurants, but arriving later, we chose a couple snacks from their convenience area in the lobby. A breakfast was included. Nice choices, including eggs, bacon, sausage and a cool pancake making machine. We sat around in the comfortable lobby until we decided to go to the airport. After the shuttle dropped us off, I noticed my phone dropped out of my purse. With a quick call back to the hotel, they located my phone under the chair in the lobby and within 15 minutes, were back hand delivering it to me a smile. Such wonderful staff and nice hotel deserves a 5 here on TripAdvisor!! Try it, you'll like it.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank embandjhb
Jessica K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Greenville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2017

Hi Embandjhb!

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. Given the unfortunate circumstances of your delayed flight, I am so pleased to hear that you had such a wonderful stay with us.

I am glad you were able to take advantage of our shuttle. We take great pride in our shuttle service, as we are one of the closest hotels to the Greenville Spartanburg Airport. I was also happy to see you enjoyed our Express Start Breakfast. Our guests really love our signature Cinnamon Rolls and our state of the art Pancake Machine.

My favorite part of your review, were your kind words of appreciation of our staff. They are the heart and soul of this hotel and they genuinely love taking care of our guests.

Thanks again for such great feedback!

Take Care,

Reviewed 1 January 2017

We stayed 1 night to be close to the airport as my friend's flight left at O'Dark Thirty and instead of driving 90 minutes down the mountain from Brevard, NC, we made a shopping trip out of it and booked a room. I had she and her daughter at the airport and I was back in the room in 15 minutes (round trip). We had 2 beds and a pull out and all 3 of us were very comfortable. **check the pull out sofa bed for sheets before you go to bed. We didn't have any, but we were checked in early enough that Housekeeping was right outside our door and it wasn't an issue. This is NOT a "Let's go on vacation and spend a week here" kinda place in my opinion. It's a perfect locale for business travel or a before or after a flight outta GSP Airport. For the price, I'd certainly stay here again... I recall spending this daily room rate on a Holiday Inn 25yrs ago in Cleveland Ohio while attending a Football game with friends.... Breakfast was the usual Oatmeal, eggs, biscuits and gravy, sausage, muffins, sweet rolls, make your own pancakes cold cereal...You know, all the same things and selection you normally make at home every morning...? There's also a Dunkin Donuts not far away, or I guess you could go pay for a breakfast, but why?

I have NO complaints about this hotel!!

Room Tip: Respect others when you're in the hallways...not everyone wants to hear you yell at your kids at...
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
Jessica K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Greenville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2017

Dear NO2Diver,

Thank you so much for such a great review! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

One of the amenities for our guests is our close proximity to the airport. I am so glad you were able to enjoy this perk. How was your shopping? Our location is great, as we are close to EVERYTHING but far enough away that you do not have to be inconvenienced with the traffic.

I am delighted to learn that you were also able to make great use of our oversized suites with the pullout sofa. We pride ourselves in our cleanliness. One of the things we do differently, is we do not dress the sofa beds until it is needed. This helps to ensure you have fresh bedding that was made just for YOU.

Thanks again for such an awesome review. We are already looking forward to your next O'Dark Thirty flight!

Happy New Year!

jessica.kenny@interstatehotels.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Greer
0.6 km away
1.3 km away
Wingate by Wyndham Greenville Airport
0.4 km away
Best Western Greenville Airport Inn

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Greenville Airport? Share your experiences!