“Nice Holiday Inn Express”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Greenville Airport
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Greer
Reviewed 29 March 2017

This hotel is typical of the Holiday Inn Express brand. The rooms are clean, quiet, and comfortable. The staff was polite upon check-in, and the breakfast was good. I had a little difficulty finding this hotel as it is not easy to find coming from I-85 South. There are eateries within a short drive from the hotel. I would stay here again for the right price.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
Jessica K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Greenville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2017

Dear dfbf -

Thank you so much for your review on your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Greenville Airport.

I am pleased to hear that throughout the duration of your stay that your room was clean, quiet, and comfortable. We take pride in providing guests just that, to ensure that they receive a good nights' rest.

Customer service and staff friendliness is also something that our team takes great pride in and I am happy to hear that you got to witness that first hand. I also believe the Holiday Inn Express Brand offers quite the variety of hot and cold breakfast items and I am glad to hear that you took advantage of it.

Although we are slightly tucked behind the North American Michelin Headquarters, we are still conveniently located 1 mile from I-85 and Pelham Road, which is also known as "restaurant row", because of the variety of restaurant options that this exit has to offer. I am pleased that you took advantage of the amazing food that Greenville, SC has to offer!

Again, thank you for your kind words and feedback. The next time that you are in the area, we do hope that you choose Holiday Inn Express Greenville Airport as your home away from home!

864-213-9331
Jessica.kenny@interstatehotels.com

Reviewed 17 March 2017

I visited friends for the weekend and chose this hotel due to its location just several miles from their home. I would return. The breakfast was particularly good, featuring hot omelets and such, not just cold pastries and yogurt. The facility is clean and well-kept. The furnishings are showing signs of wear and are a bit outdated but clean. The cable reception was grainy. Staff was friendly and accommodating. However, if you want this location and need a clean, reasonably priced hotel to stay in, this fits the bill!

Room Tip: Ask to be away from the elevator and as high up as possible. There is a bit of road noise from both...
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
Jessica K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Greenville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2017

Dear Lynn T -

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I am pleased to hear that our location met your needs and being that we are 1 mile from Interstate 85 and 5 miles from GSP Airport, I too agree that we are in a great location.

Thank you for noticing the wide variety that our Express Start Breakfast offers our guests, including hot and cold items such as eggs or omelettes, bacon or sausage, turkey sausage, pancakes, biscuits and gravy, yogurt, pastries, cereal and you can't forget the famous cinnamon rolls!

Thank you for bringing to our attention of some of your concerns with the furnishings, but very pleased that you saw the hard work of our entire team that we take great pride in offering our guests a clean, fresh hotel where we provide top notch customer service. Your kind words will go a long way when your review is shared among our team.

Thank you again for your compliments and feedback and we hope you choose to stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Greenville Airport the next time you are in the Greenville, SC area.

Reviewed 14 March 2017 via mobile

If sleep is something you are requiring for the next day, please don't stay here. Doors slamming, people In and Out all night, next room snoring loudly not to mention the baby falling off the bed throughout the night. Pay more, forget about the points and go elsewhere.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Jessica K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Greenville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2017

Dear Mausiowner -

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We know you have options when it comes to your accommodations when visiting the Greenville, SC area, so we are thankful that you chose to stay with the Holiday Inn Express Greenville Airport during your recent travels.

On behalf of the hotel, I greatly apologize that you did not receive the quality of sleep that we are so accustomed to offering our guests when they stay here. I would love to speak with you in more detail about the specifics of your stay (dates of arrival and departure, room number, etc.) so we as a team address your concerns more effectively to ensure that future guests do not have the same experience that you did. Traditionally, we are a very quiet hotel catering to corporate business men and women throughout the week and the occasional family or sports teams on the weekends when the market demands it.

I assure you that your experience was an isolated incident and again, we apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused you. Please have confidence in knowing that we will use your experience as a coaching opportunity and if you give us a 2nd opportunity to stay with us, I am extremely confident that your next experience would be a positive one.

If you are open to discussing in more detail on your stay, please do not hesitate to call or email.

Reviewed 12 March 2017 via mobile

So disappointed. Supposed to snow tonight and we are sitting in our room shivering. Broken heat. We contacted the staff and was told it was booked up tonight and we couldn't be moved. For our troubles, some extra blankets were giving to us and we were offered extra points. How can you charge for a room with no heat? No apologies yet and we cannot find an alternative hotel. What a joke the customer service is here.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family

Dear Liljohnisthebomb -

I know that you and I corresponded through another social outlet 10 minutes after you posted your concerns and our team rallied together to meet your needs as best as possible and that you were very pleased with the outcome. As you witnessed first hand, I can confidently state that our customer service is an area that our team takes great pride in when it comes to serving our guests.

I assure you that your experience was an isolated incident and again, we apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused you. Please have confidence in knowing that we will use your experience as a teaching/coaching opportunity and if you give us another opportunity to stay with us, I am extremely confident that your next experience would be a positive one.

Reviewed 21 February 2017 via mobile

The hotel is what you would expect at a HIE. The problem is the front desk staff.
Upon check in, I cane to the desk with a gentleman fiddling around on the computer. I was not immediately recognised for about 2 minutes. He then said: "Checking in again Mr. Smith?" With a wink. For starters this was my first visit to this property, and I AM CERTAINLY NOT MR. SMITH! It didn't make me feel welcome at all. I handed this poor excuse of a front desk clerk my ID, and he proceeded to tell me that I didn't have a reaervation. I said that I just booked it an hour or two ago, and that it probably hadn't been updated. He looked through the registration cards again (using my middle name) and told me that I didn't have a reservation. I provided the confirmation number, and he miraculously found my booking. What a novel concept. I do not feel welcome at this property due to the poor efforts of this clerk. Perhaps he should reconsider his calling. Hospitality is not his forte.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
Jessica K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Greenville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2017

Dear Adam B -

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We know you have options when it comes to your accommodations, so we are thankful that you chose to stay with the Holiday Inn Express Greenville Airport during your recent travel to the Greenville, SC area.

On behalf of the hotel, I greatly apologize that you did not get the warm welcome that our staff are so accustomed to giving to all of our guests. It is a very large part of the culture that we have created among all of our employees in all departments.

I assure you that your experience was an isolated incident as we do have 1-2 employees that we would consider to be a "newer" addition to our Front Desk Team. We all know what it's like to start a new job and there are a lot of moving parts to running a front desk at a hotel. We take great pride in hiring professionals, that love people, that have great customer service skills and have a passion for the industry. I know that when we hire/train/mold/coach/mentor the best, then our guests are provided with the best. So again, I am sorry that you did not get to experience that when you checked in.

Please have confidence in knowing that we will use your experience as a coaching opportunity for all employees and more importantly, if you give us a 2nd opportunity to stay with us, I am extremely confident that your next experience would be a positive one.

If you would like to reach out to me directly to speak in more detail on your stay, please do not hesitate to call or email me directly.

jessica.kenny@interstatehotels.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Greer
0.6 km away
0.4 km away
Best Western Greenville Airport Inn
0.6 km away
Courtyard Greenville-Spartanburg Airport

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Greenville Airport? Share your experiences!