“Horrible service and unpalatable food - do yourself a favor and go elsewhere.”
Review of Deli By The Beach - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Deli By The Beach
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Deli
Reviewed 23 December 2011

Because we had read good things about this place, my sister and I decided to visit for lunch. Big mistake. My sister ordered a chicken wrap which was completely unpalatable. When she sent it back for a different sandwich, she was told, "You'll have to pay for the chicken wrap too." We asked why we should pay for unpalatable food, especially since it had barely been touched and we were willing to buy another menu item that did not have the disgusting chicken that Deli By the Beach uses on their sandwiches. They refused to budge, and because we were too hungry to go looking for another place to eat, we went ahead and ordered another sandwich and were forced to also pay for a sandwich that wasn't worth eating. Not only was the service poor, but their staff sat there and stared at us the entire time we ate (even though we had paid for our food in advance, so there was no need to "monitor" us.) The place is very cramped and the staff very unprofessional. When you're in Hilton Head, do yourself a favor and find another sandwich shop.

Reviewed 27 November 2011

I love Deli by the Beach. they always make unbelievable sandwishes !

Reviewed 15 July 2011

Great food. Great service. Don't understand the other people whining for service being slow, it is made fresh, worth the wait.

Reviewed 20 June 2011

Our family went here twice last week... both times for lunch. The first time we ate in, the second time we took our sandwiches to go. Both times the sandwiches were very good; however, both times the service was very slow. We had wraps, paninis and sandwiches and all were of good size (worth the money) and all of us were pleased with our choices. The staff was friendly, but the speed was way too slow. The first time they seemed understaffed. The second visit they had more workers, but it was even longer. My husband and I actually talked in the car about how we would make their system of placing the order, making the order and ringing up the order more efficient! I would recommend this place and will visit again, but hope they work out the slow service issue. They make very good lunch fare and it would be a shame to lose customers to slow service. Food: A, Service: C

1  Thank Buberry
Reviewed 8 April 2011

I stopped in Deli by the Beach about 2pm on a wednesday for a snack with 3 others. The girl at the front counter was very helpful and friendly. We were just there for a mid-afternoon snack and only ordered a quesadilla and fries along with 4 drinks. After we placed our order the cook (who I assumed to be the owner) came out and very rudely stated that one quesadilla was not worth her time or the "paperwork." We were told we would need to order at least two sandwiches for her to allow us to eat there. The poor girl at the front counter was so embarrassed as we checked out with our drinks and walked across the street to Windy's for a much cheaper snack anyway. If they are going to treat their patrons like that, I would not expect this establishment to be around very long.

4  Thank DharmaGirl05