“Spirits to taste”

Hilton Head Distillery
Ranked #8 of 120 things to do in Hilton Head
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: At Hilton Head Distillery, we believe in crafting new experiences that are adventurous, indulgent, and rooted in tradition. Join us at our tasting room to experience our award-winning spirits. Check out our website for more information!
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Spent a cool afternoon looking for some entertainment while on Hilton Head Island and google searched came across this location! Enjoyed a tour and explanation of the distillery process of vodka and rum with a nice taste test that followed! This was a clean well run place and tour! I've been to the Bourbon Trail in Kentucky and wine tours in several states and would recommend the Hilton Head Distillery to add to your personal list of Distillery and wine tour experiences! It was a little pricey $20 per person compared to other tours I've taken! You do get 6 sample taste's and one mixed drink included in the price of admission!! If you like vodka & Rum you won't be disappointed! It's a tour that will lift your "spirits"

Jillian_S_HHD, Manager at Hilton Head Distillery, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Thanks for your review! We are glad to hear you enjoyed our products and we hope to see you again soon.

All reviews
"great tour and tasting"
"slide show"
"bloody mary mix"

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

This place makes vodka and rum liquor that is unique. I really like the toasted coconut vodka since it goes down smooth and has a little sweetness.

Thanks for your review!

Reviewed 28 March 2018

I'm a vodka and rum gal so this was a smart stop for my family and I! While my parents were in town I figured we'd try something a little different and we had a great time! Maria was wonderful to us and recommend that we try the "A" option, which gives you a little bit of everything as a straight "shot" and you finish with a cocktail of your choice. My father bought almost one of each bottle (which is roughly $33 a bottle) they offered because each one had something great to offer! My personal favorite vodka was the Aermoor, very smooth and I'm a little bias toward the Redlock spiced rum (both for our mutual red hair and my love for spiced rums). However, what's really cool about the Redlock is that it's based on an actual female pirate, named Jacquotte Delahaye! She was 16 years old when she became a pirate and died defending her island around the age of 20. It was great to hear the history about their liquor and of the business itself. For those that prefer a flavored liquor I recommend their Two Traditions Coconut rum! I found all of their liquors to be quite smooth and the flavor isn't overwhelming, which I thought was impressive. I'm excited to go back and buy myself a few more bottles! Cheers!

Thanks so much for your comprehensive review! Cheers and come see us again soon.

Reviewed 27 March 2018

My wife and I have done a number of distillery tours throughout the country. This tour was a very brief overview of the distillation process so it is good for everyone. This is the first time we have ever had a vodka distilled from cane sugar/molasses. It was pretty good. They have some unique and interesting rum that spans a wide spectrum of flavor palates. This means that almost anyone who is into spirits will find something here they like. This is a great must see that does not take much time AND it is right next door to Island Winery which makes it a great 2-for-1! (There is a brewing company down the road as well but we did not get to that). The only thing that is not spelled out entirely on their web site is that the craft cocktails that you are limited to for the tasting is just a handful. Many of the cocktails on their web site are recipe ideas and not what they make at the distillery.

Thanks for your review! We are glad to hear you enjoyed the products and we appreciate your feedback - we have added a sample tasting menu to our website so as to help clarify what drinks are available on site. Cheers and come see us again soon!