“Affordable room with a great staff!”

Red Roof Inn Hilton Head Island
Ranked #22 of 28 Hotels in Hilton Head
Dublin, Georgia
“Affordable room with a great staff!”
Reviewed 30 January 2012

After looking on line I decided to reserve a room based on price and the fact, not only is RRI pet friendly, that pets stay free! I honestly wasn't expecting much for a spur of the moment off-season weekend getaway, so my expectations were low. I could not have been more wrong. The office and most of the staff are "English is their first language" people. I was very pleased with not having to try to understand broken English. Everyone was very accommodating and acted like they were there to assist you. The room was clean and comfortable. I enjoyed my stay and will return at that next opportunity. Let me warn that it is not the Marriott, Hyatt or Westin nor does it claim to be so book a $149 room somewhere else if you are looking for luxury. It looks to have been recently remolded but has it's age showing in things like the stopper in my tub wouldn't work, the toilet was tilted just slightly from an uneven (slight) floor. I had no wash cloths but obtaining them was no problem and I feel very sure they would have moved me to another room with a working stopper if I had asked. Those things did not other me. I would recommend for anyone with a pet that is looking for an affordable room with a great staff!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
georgia
Reviewed 25 January 2012

VERY CLEAN ROOM! This is the most important characteristic for me. I want the room clean. This one was exceptionally clean! Clean bathroom, clean linens, clean carpet! Nice staff, very helpful. The room I was in did not have a hairdryer, but I was able to get one from the office and did not have to return it until I checked out. The old TV was replaced with a flat panel while I was there, which was nice. The senior rate and no fee for my pet made the visit more than affordable. When I arrived I was a bit concerned that the AC unit did not have a "heat" setting and with night temps in the 40's/50's a little heat is necessary, but I was pleasantly surprised that the room stayed quite comfortable. Overall a very nice stay.

Room Tip: Since the pool is right in front of the hotel travelers during the summer who have issue with "...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
Florida
Reviewed 5 January 2012

It's a cheap motel. Dirty air inside the room, hard beds & pillows, the linens are yellowed. The matresses are old and dirty. The walls, doors, light switches need cleaning. Loud AC unit. Worst night's sleep ever. If you need a comfortable place to sleep, stay away from this place.

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank thymetoparty
Huntington, Indiana
Reviewed 9 November 2011

Great staff, nice room for the price. Stayed in a suite, had a fridge, microwave, 2 flat screen tv's. The manager even helped us carry our luggage up to our room.

Room Tip: Eat at the Longhorn across the street!
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
Rocky Mount, North Carolina
Reviewed 21 October 2011

Great location, Great Staff, A clean nice room, Great staff, and i could bring my dogs. Staff frendly and helpful

Room Tip: Join RED ROOF Program to get great discounts
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled solo