My family (2 adults, 4 kids under the age of 8) just completed a 5-night stay at Beachwood 1E and overall, it was a great condo. Although it needs some attention, I erred on the side of giving a 4-star rating because we would stay again.
1) Location was awesome. The condo is an end unit on the ground floor, a 1-minute walk to the pool and 2-minute walk from the ocean. This is a huge plus when you have kids. The laundry room is just around the corner.
2) The pool was small but clean and the water was fantastic. There's a grill that people were using to BBQ.
3) Condo building was fairly low-key and family friendly. Not a bunch of loud parties like we heard at neighboring areas.
4) There were boogie boards and sand toys in the utility closet, which was a nice touch!
5) Lots of bath towels were provided, which is helpful for a large family like ours.
6) Yes, the decor could use some updating, but all of the furniture was in good shape and it didn't bother us at all. We felt very at-home.
1) Like another reviewer said, the condo needed cleaning help. I don't know if the cleaning crew needs better training, or if they're not given enough time to clean or materials to do the job well, but there were cleaning issues. The dirty Q-tips and old food underneath the sofa bed were still there from another review in May 2016. We also had the added bonus of finding little girls' hair rubber bands ALL over the condo, like no one had vacuumed or swept. The beds didn't have proper linens, either -- just a flat (not fitted) sheet laid on top of a bare mattress, which was pretty gross, and no linens at all for the sofa bed. One of the pillows looked like it had been peed on. The floors were quite sandy when we arrived. I expect a certain amount of sand to just be present at a location like this, but I swept several times during our stay and definitely got the floors cleaner than when we arrived. We also didn't have proper-fitting trash bags for the kitchen bin, which seemed like a pretty basic item to not supply.
2) A couple of the ceiling fans didn't work. You'll need a degree in rocket science to figure out the AC.
3) No WiFi. While I wasn't there to stare at my phone all week, it's still pretty insane to not have WiFi in 2016.
4) I agree with a previous review that the carpets in the bedrooms desperately need to be replaced.
5) Crossing the street to access some of the bike pathways is perilous! Just something to keep in mind.
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Kitchen & utensils|
|Bathroom cleanliness||Other facilities & amenities|
|Older travelers||Families with young children|
I wish I could find one nice thing to say about this condo, but there really isn't one. This place is dated, which is alright, but it is filthy as well. The furniture and doors have dirty fingerprints all over, the floors/carpets are filthy. The furniture is old, the AC unit is a wall unit that leaves the place feeling clammy and your clothes damp. We opened the fold out couch and found hair b all and used Q-tips underneath. There is no Wi-Fi which seems silly this day in age. You can find much nicer rental accommodations at the same price...