“Good location, property has many convenient...”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Louisvill...
Louisville, Kentucky
“Not a good choice”
Reviewed 17 August 2014 for a stay in August 2014
people found this review helpful

This condo was inside a group of condos that had a hotel feel, not a homey feel.
This unit was only surface clean. The ceiling fans and baseboards had so much dust that we cleaned them ourselves. There were not enough supplies, like trash bags, for a whole week. The view off the balcony is basically a small thing of water and a parking lot. Not lovely. The furniture was very dated and the condo was quite small. The blinds were in bad shape. It was a very long walk to the beach, and the pool was so full we could never use it. The elevator waits were long, and the luggage carts were always missing. You can hear people in the other units. The washer and dryer rooms are also not very clean and the dryers don't even work well. I will definitely not be returning.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
21 Aug 2014
Thank you for your review. I take all reviews seriously as this is truly "my home away from home." First, I wish you had contacted me while you were there as I would have had the cleaning crew come back out. Although guests pay for cleaning I do subsidize some of the cleaning cost.

Regarding the cleanliness: I have reported this to the cleaning company and I am actively looking to find a new cleaning service.

Not enough supplies: The supplies are complimentary and are meant to be "starter supplies" so you do not have to run to the store to get staples when you arrive. The shampoo/conditioner and toilet paper have always lasted the full week for my family; however, the trash bags and paper towels always run out. (most condo's don't include the toiletries)

The view off of the balcony: The view from the balcony is shown in photos 29 and 30 in the listing. I personally find listening to the fountain relaxing. The balcony is also shown in photo 28.

The furniture was dated: The furniture has all been replaced within the last three years. The wicker style is popular at beach locations. The photos of the inside of the unit depict the current furnishings.

The unit was small: The total living space of 843 square feet is also on the listing.

The blinds were in bad shape: Unfortunately, not all guests are gentle with the blinds or furnishings. The blinds were replaced at the start of the summer rental season.

Long walk to the beach: The walk to the beach is approx 1/4 mile across the boardwalk. Shuttle service is also provided. I am very upfront with the distance to the beach. The listing also shows a photo of the boardwalk. There are several reviews that talk about the boardwalk but most people enjoy the walk.

Pool being full: There are two outdoor pools and one indoor pool on the property. I have never seen more than one or two families at the pool by building four. Although, this certainly may have been the case it is out of my control.

Elevator waits were long: I know these elevators move painfully slow. Considering you are only going up two stories it feels that elevators are the slowest in the state. We use the stairs more often than not.

Luggage carts: I wholeheartedly agree that there are not enough luggage carts. I have brought this up to the HOA board. That being said this is relatively common problem with both condos and timeshares.

You can hear people in other units: I suspect this depends on who is renting around you on that given week. I have only had issues hearing kids running down the hall and never an issue with my neighboring guests. I wish I could say the same thing for the luxury hotels I stay in on Long Island.

The washer/dryer room was dirty. Dryer didn't work well: I will check this out when I close the unit for the summer season and start the fall/winter season. If necessary, I will report the condition to management. I have never had an issue with any of the dryers.

I stay in this unit about four weeks a year. At the end of the winter season, at beginning of the summer season, at the end of the summer season and prior to the winter season. My number one goal is guest satisfaction which is why I appreciate the feedback both good and bad.
GGPops
Palatine
“Large Condo Resort”
Reviewed 30 May 2014 for a stay in May 2014
person found this review helpful

Our holiday week end stay was very comfortable at this resort once we got the unit AC repaired. Owner was spot on in getting repair done quickly & efficiently. Resort felt very safe; deadbolts on the doors, security patrolling the grounds, gated entrance. Kitchen had a very generous supply of dishes/utensils, appliances etc. Ample towels, nice toiletries, iron and hairdryer were included in the rental; even beach chairs in the closet. Pool was close to our building and has a gift shop, snack bar (including breakfast) and a cocktail bar which was incredibly convenient. Despite the holiday week end, pool had sufficient lounge chairs any time of day. A few things need mentioning; luggage carts are at a premium and are difficult to acquire. "Ocean Front" is somewhat misleading considering the resort is set well back from the beach/shore and only accessible via a very nice boardwalk over a tidal marshy area. However the resort has a shuttle that runs from the resort to the beach via the boardwalk continuously throughout the day. We preferred walking the boardwalk just for the added exercise. There is also a restaurant bar at the end of the boardwalk on the beach, again incredibly convenient, although much pricier than the pool snack bar. Although we ate all our meals out, there is also a very nice picnic area with tables and grills for outdoor cooking. This rental was an exceptional value on Hilton Head island considering we shared it with another couple; not "high end", but clean, safe, comfortable and close enough to the beach if you don't mind walking.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Value on the rental
Liked least: Resort was not
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Erica K
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Good location, property has many convenient amenities.”
Reviewed 28 April 2014 for a stay in April 2014
person found this review helpful

We arrived ten minutes prior to check-in and condo was still a mess from previous guests. I was unsure if bc we were coming in on Easter we should expect it to be cleaned, I called and left a voicemail for the owner. I received no response, but a cleaning crew showed up a few after check-in anyway.

Otherwise we were happy with our stay, the property is in a good location. Many stores and restaurants in close distance, especially for biking, which is big on the island. It is a hike to the beach across the boardwalk but it was not an issue for us, it was a pleasant walk.

The condo itself is in good shape with plenty of space for our family of three. It has most everything you might need while on vacation, a great convenience when roadtriping. I would recommend this property for these reasons and it's reasonable price.

Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
27 Apr 2014
My apologies, I was traveling and I didn't get that message until late that evening. At that point I contacted the cleaning company and they assured me that the unit was cleaned before check-in time. After further investigation I discovered they had the check-in time as 4 pm rather than 3 pm. I apologize that the room was not clean upon arrival. I hope you enjoyed the amenities at the resort while you were waiting and glad that you enjoyed your stay.
charleston sc
Reviewed 22 April 2014 for a stay in April 2014

Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Older travelers
22 Apr 2014
Thanks for your review and I look forward to having you return.
Virginia
Reviewed 22 April 2014 for a stay in April 2014

Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
People with disabilities Older travelers
22 Apr 2014
Sorry that the weather wasn't the best for your stay but happy to hear that you made the best of it with bargain hunting. There are some treasures to be found on the island.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing