“What a great afternoon!”

Charleston Sport Fishing
Reviewed 20 July 2016 via mobile

Capt. Chuck took us on a shark trip. The mom caught the bait, the son caught a sand bar shark. We saw dolphins, lots of pelicans & seagulls, too. Capt. Chuck was patient & personable. We really enjoyed our time with him!

All reviews
in 3 reviews
"boat"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 31 July 2014

A group of 5 of us went fishing on the Reel Interest on Fathers Day and even though the fish weren't jumping into the boat we had a great time. The captain and 2 crew members were wonderful and always busy keeping fresh bait on the lines and constantly making sure we were well taken care of. We went out about 70 miles looking for monster fish, we did catch some maui maui and they made a great dinner for all. The Reel Interest is an awesome boat and I would recommend booking with SC Sports Fishing anytime you are looking for a great fishing experience!

Reviewed 21 July 2013

Well, this sure was a disappointment. We booked a 3 hour shark fishing trip that was supposed to be from 2-5pm for 4 kids and 2 adults. Upon arrival at the dock, we were told that our charter was changed to 3pm. Huh ? Somebody was supposed to have called me, but I never got the message due to sketchy cell phone service. However, when verizon finally delivered my message, I learned they called me at 12:30pm to delay my trip. Talk about short notice. Then they told us it would just take 20 minutes for captain chuck to arrive as his boat broke down and he had to switch his equipment to another boat. Well, we waited a good 45 minutes for him to arrive, and not even an apology from him for the late start . He seemed bothered by the kids and disinterested. He never even introduced himself , asked their names, or spoke to them except to tell them " not to touch things" . We tried 2 spots for shark, but his bait was getting eaten but nothing on the hook. After about an hour and a half of zero bites, he suggested we abandon shark fishing and go to his sure thing spots. Well, two more locations drew blanks, and then finally he managed to catch 3 small fish (the size of my fist). Whoopee ! He didn't even want to tell the kids what they caught, and he never tried to teach them anything. For $450 for 3 fish and absolutely zero teaching, I would rank this as the worst part of our vacation. A great big yawn !

3  Thank Patrice M
Reviewed 22 March 2010

We chartered a fishing trip on Sunday March 14 with Chuck Griffin and it exceeded our expectations. We were a party of five and all caught red fish. Chuck knew where to go as we fished in five different spots and landed fish in each spot. He was a energetic and gracious host who had just the right touch with everyone in our group. We highly recommend Chuck and will charter with him on our next trip to Charleston.

2  Thank SneauxTiger