If you have read the other positive reviews regarding the Sanctuary believe me, they are true! My husband and I just returned from a 4 day stay and were overjoyed with the resort. The staff from the moment you check in are professional, efficient and pleasant. The rooms are beautifully appointed have soft lighting and spacious his and her closets. I was happy to see that the resort has gone "green" and recycles, although it is optional and never pushed! The foyer and sitting rooms on the main floor are sumptuous but inviting and the perfect place to get a drink from the bar and enjoying some private time in front of the fire, or on the rocking chairs which overlook the lawn and ocean! We ate at all the restaurants (which were open in the off season) and preferred the Atlantic room which is casual, has a diverse menu and overlooks the 18th hole of the Ocean course! You will feel like you are part of a movie set it is that perfect! Go there for lunch and then go back to watch the sun set! Spectacular!! There is a pond just beyond the parking lot where alligators were sunning themselves! The shuttle at the hotel will deliver you safely to/from any of the resort numerous market, golf, and restaurant locations. (tip your driver) This was a nice option in case you want to have a few drinks and because it was very dark at night (no street lights) and there was a lot of wild life roaming about! We chose to valet park our car (extra fee) but the self parking lot is just to the right of the front of the hotel and not an unreasonable walk if your luggage is on wheels. There is a very nice sunning area just off the pool, quiet and secluded. If you want a low key breakfast, try Beaches and Creme, they have nice breakfast sandwiches and coffees/drinks that will not break the bank but were yummy! Enjoy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Near Charleston, SC, The Sanctuary at Kiawah Island Golf Resort is an oceanfront Five Star/ Five Diamond hotel and spa offering casual Southern grace, comfort and charm on one of the top eco-friendly island in the U.S. It features five golf courses including The Ocean Course, site of the 2012 PGA Championship. Tennis magazine ranks it as America's No. 3 tennis resorts and it has one of the top-ranked beaches in the country. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Preferred Hotels and Hotels.com so you can book your The Sanctuary Hotel at Kiawah Island Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sanctuary At Kiawah Island Golf Hotel Kiawah Island
- Sanctuary Hotel Kiawah Island
- The Sanctuary Kiawah Island