“Business lunch”

San Jose Mexican Restaurant Experience
Ranked #3 of 22 Restaurants in Leesville
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

What I like most about this place is that the food comes out quickly and very very good. I recommend this restaurant to everyone.

Reviewed 22 November 2017 via mobile

The place is very well decorated, very authentic, the service is very nice and the food is fresh, large portions good for family night out, not the best or worst it’s average

Reviewed 14 October 2017

The Fajitas Texanas for 2 which is what we generally order is always good and tasty and quickly served on a large sizzling platter.
It consists of beef, chicken, shrimp, onions, peppers and all the needed side fixings.
Always more than enough food for 2.
The wait staff is efficient, attentive and always keeps the tea and water glasses full.

Reviewed 11 September 2017

Very good tasting American Mexican Food. I don't like my Mexican food very spicy, but I do like a lot of flavor. You can add spice if you like, but I prefer not to.

Reviewed 7 July 2017

On June 30 my daughter and I attempted to go eat dinner at San Jose's in Leesville, I have eaten here many times for nearly two years with friends, family, and alone and always, with my service dog. Early on, my first visit, I had to talk to the owner on the phone as his Mexican employees were denying me access due to my service dog! After our talk this was NEVER again an issue again. I was sure he explained to his staff about service animals! Since then events have brought about new management I believe!

Yesterday evening, upon arriving I was denied Full access to the restaurant being told I and my daughter had to sit at a table by the front door in the bar area and not in dinning area because of my service dog, by the same staff always present. As I am a veteran suffering from PTSD sitting next to the door where traffic is the heaviest and full view of the facility is limited this was unacceptable. I asked to speak to the owner or manager and was given the run around. I found one that seemed to understand English and gave him a printed card that explains the Federal ADA law requiring I be given FULL access and showed him an acceptable table in the restaurant area. He again refused. I informed him I would then be calling the police, which I did.The officer soon arrived and asked of the situation, he then spoke to a different person now claiming to be in charge. The officer was unable to get the person in charge to understand the situation.

The officer told me he would file a report and cite the actual manager, I'm to pick up that report Monday. I've used my service dog for three years, have had to explain full access a few times, and NEVER been denied access! The staff of San Jose, being aware, did knowingly and wantingly deprive me of my civil rights.

It is my intention to obtain the police report, find an attorney, and pursue legal action to prevent this establishment and others from repeating this rights violation and causing other veterans or disabled persons the embarrassment of being denied service due to their disabilities!

Further more, a business who does not have a manager who speaks English fluently and who's employees are likely not legal immigrants do NOT need to be stepping on American Civil Rights.