All reviews walk in shower night light isle of palms cleaning staff plenty of parking front desk business center walking distance other hotels in the area iop connector central location boone hall plantation bed was very comfortable hotel stay the hotel staff clean hotel excellent stay
Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

If you are familiar with Holiday Inn Express you know what breakfast has to offer (who thinks there’s crack in those cinnamon rolls)? But what makes this HIE stand out it’s a new property and who doesn’t like new? The lobby and rooms are decorated with a modern feel. Well done! There is a Mexican restaurant right next door that has a number of house made mixes for their margaritas. No Uber needed. Outside pool. Not open in March. Nice workout room. New is nice!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Caroline P, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Charleston NE Mt Pleasant US17, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

Dear MacnQ,

Aren't those cinnamon rolls addicting?! If you're on a diet, I recommend staying away because it's hard to have only one. But we are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 18 March 2018

Thank God! I had the worst hotel check in experience just an hour earlier. I was trying to save a few bucks. Having never been to Charleston, I didn't know what Mt. Pleasant would be like. What I did know, is that it couldn't have been worse than the area I was just in.

The desk person was very nice. The hotel is located in a nice part of the Charleston vicinity and there are a ton of eating options along with places to pick up supplies should you need them. I ended up spending two nights here as it is relatively easy to get to downtown Charleston or other area attractions. About 10 minutes away, toward the Isle of Palms is an interesting shopping section where I got my carryout at 9:30 pm. A couple of the more popular plantations are right down the road. (Boone Hall and Charles Pickney) Also, if you have the time, I would highly recommend driving over to the Mt. Pleasant Memorial Waterfront Park. You can walk over the Arthur Ravennel Bridge. (the one you drive over to get to/from Mt. Pleasant from Charleston)

The room itself was huge! I had a King sized bed. The entrance was bigger than my bedroom at home! Clean and comfy. My only criticism would be the doors. Unfortunately, people don't think when closing their doors and just kind of let them slam shut. I would suggest slower moving upper hinges? (not an architect) Both the exit door to the stairways and the hotel doors are incredibly loud when left to close on their own.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the doors leading to the stairs. The doors slam shut very loudly if someone uses them.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank WeehawkenNJ
HolidayInnExpressNE, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Charleston NE Mt Pleasant US17, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

I am thrilled to hear that you were able to stumble upon our hotel and the Mount Pleasant area after your initial disappointments elsewhere. It sounds like you were able to see some of the best of what Charleston has to offer in your short stay with us!

We will definitely be looking closely at our doors to see if any adjustments can be made..

I really appreciate you going out of your way to share your feedback and your experience at our property, and hope that you would pick us again should you be coming to visit again.

Safe Travels!

Ross Fowler
Holiday Inn Express Mt Pleasant NE
1104 Stockade Lane, Mt Pleasant SC 29464

Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

Stay here all the time when we r in town.Nice rooms friendly staff, clean pool,good breakfast. New hotel, everything is very modern. Very comfortable bed, walk in large shower, lounge couch, Keurig coffee maker, fridge and microwave.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Caroline P, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Charleston NE Mt Pleasant US17, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2018

Dear Goodtimecharley1,

We are so glad to hear that you enjoy our hotel so much that you have become one of our regulars, and we can be your home away from home!

Reviewed 29 January 2018 via mobile

We stayed 3 times 2017 and Jan 2018. It is nice that’s why we came back. There are 2 things I noticed.

1. Some PARTICLES of food can be seen around the bathroom sink between the countertop and the sink. When brushing or washing face, I found them sticking. I removed them so my wife and teen can’t see. That was during our 2nd stay.

2. Some STAINS on the shower floor which can’t be removed. We saw them all in our 3 stays.

3. The fitted bed sheet underneath the covered comforter as well as the pillows has wrinkles so we are not sure if they are clean or washed. Maybe they are clean but it looks used.

4. There is a safe box that 1 stay did not work.

I hope that the management can do better in checking these things, either the cleaning is bad or there is no inspection at all. These are key points that will make the rating low and will make the rooms really messy in the future.

The rest of the building are in order but somebody has to go and make sure that these easy chores are relayed to the supervisors.

Stayed: January 2018
HolidayInnExpressNE, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Charleston NE Mt Pleasant US17, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2018

Dear Alcie31,

I appreciate your candid feedback and review of our hotel. As a guest that has stayed with us so many times, I will use this to help improve our services to you and our many other guests. Your continued loyalty to our hotel is truly appreciated.

I am sorry that I did not get to meet you in person to make this right with you. Please know Brigette (our Operations Manager) or myself are always available should we be able to assist you in any way at all. I want to make sure that your next stay with us exceeds ALL of your, and my, expectations.

Thank you again so very much for staying with us. If you would like to speak with me directly further, please feel free to call at 843-216-0000 or email me at hie.mp.genmgr@gmail.com

At your service,
Ross Fowler
Holiday Inn Express Mt Pleasant NE

Reviewed 24 January 2018

Pros: spotlessly clean. Plenty of free parking. Great staff. Modern decor. Great breakfast. Very quiet!

Cons: none

Kudos to all staff. Very pleasant and helpful reception staff. Housekeeping has everything in order and clean. Breakfast is a step above other hotels that offer breakfast.

Price when we went, extremely reasonable and very close to Charleston. No need to pay high price in Charleston hotels when this hotel is only a mere 12 minutes away.

Can walk right across the street to what appeared to be a very popular restaurant.

Thank you!

I would check 5 circles in Hotel Ratings but system would not accept.

Room Tip: We had a room on the top floor towards the back and it was very quiet.
Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Caroline P, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Charleston NE Mt Pleasant US17, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2018

Dear CDillon,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay! We are so lucky to have a location that is both convenient to downtown Charleston, but also doesn't ask our guests to compromise on other priorities like modern amenities and free parking. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Caroline P