“Good food and service”

Ember Wood Fired Kitchen
Ranked #97 of 361 Restaurants in Mount Pleasant
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

My wife and I are locals and we have friends in town visiting for the Volvo Car Open. They wanted to have gluten free pizza so we decided on Ember. My wife and I split a Caesar salad. The dressing was good but it was a bit unusual with blue cheese. Also the bacon was not cooked enough for my taste. I prefer it crispy but it seemed unusual in this salad. We had the Boone hall pizza which was good but too much on it. The service was very friendly so we will be back.

julia t, Manager at Ember Wood Fired Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2018

Hi Richard- thank you for the review and for your feedback. I appreciate it! Hope you come back again to dine with us soon. Thanks, Julia

Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

These guys nailed it. Belle Hall has needed a good pizza place — Ember has delivered and so much more. The place here prior was just alright. Ember has transformed not only the space but the entire menu. Open, bright and beautiful, the restaurant is cozy, warm and inviting. We love 5 Loaves so when we heard they opened an Italian joint we knew we had to try it. Now, this isn’t your typical red sauce pizza joint with a dead Italian uncles photo on the menu. Think more rustic little provincial Italian joint in Napa. Meatballs, Brussels, Beets, wine pairings and of course very good authentic wood fired pizza. We will be back for more!

Hi there, thanks so much for the awesome review! I'm so glad you enjoyed your meal with us. Please come back again soon!
Thanks,

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

We stopped in for lunch, 3 adults and a 3 year old. We started with a meatball appetizer and Brussel Sprout appetizer. Those were awesome! Two of us had the Cobb Salad. It was alright. There was a whole egg on the salad but not fully hard boiled, soft and runny some. Very odd, I could not eat the egg. All salad ingredients were chunky, a little hard to mix and eat. I have had better salads. The 3 year old had a small pizza with just pizza sauce. He cannot eat cheese and they happily accommodated him. The menu also offered sandwiches and burgers. The service was good and it was a cozy place.

Thanks for the review! Glad we were able to accommodate the dietary restrictions in your party and happy you enjoyed your dining experience with us. Come back again soon!

Thanks,

Reviewed 18 January 2018

I had tastes of three different pizzas...and they were all fantastic! Gluten free included. The salty yummy goat cheese made the gluten free pizza perfect...and the creamy Ricotta and roasted garlic on the Forager was RIDICULOUSLY AMAZING.

I will go every chance i get!

Hi Michelle, Thank you for the review! I'm glad you enjoyed our gluten free pizza. The Forager is one of my favorites as well! Hope to see you again in the near future.
Thanks!

Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

My wife and I love Five Loaves Cafe so we were excited to check this place out. When we first walked in, the restaurant was cold. Most of the folks in the restaurant were wearing jackets. That should be a sign to management to turn up the heat. Other than the place being cold, the restaurant atmosphere was nice. We had a meatball grinder and a pizza. The food was average. The Service was not very good. The waitress was very unfriendly. Her attitude was if she didn’t want to be there. We’re glad we checked it out but don’t see us going back. Unfortunately we didn’t see the level of quality that Five Loaves Cafe offers.