“Good, fresh food. Nice patio garden in back.”
Review of 17 North Roadside Kitchen - CLOSED

17 North Roadside Kitchen
Price range: US$20 - US$35
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Romantic, Business meetings, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: A local favorite with an eclectic menu, sourcing local ingredients. Featuring a modern twist on comfort foods such as fried oysters, BBQ Ribs, Beer & Bacon Mac & Cheese, Clammer Dave's Clam Ragu. We provide a unique experience by integrating our local farmers, fisherman, and producers. Enjoy our expansive outdoor patio with a fire place, live music on weekends, and outdoor bar!
Reviewed 8 June 2010

17 North prides itself on seasonal fresh good, including their own homegrown vegetables and herbs (in season). You can visit the vegetable garden out back and walk among the rows. The interior of 17 North is very simple. I recommend dining in large patio garden during nice weather.

The homegrown vegetables were not yet in season when we were there, but everything served was very fresh and carefully prepared. The appetizers (we tried several) were excellent! The lemon bars for dessert were surprisingly good, with buttery shortcake under the lemon.

Entrees at 17 North are filling, with an emphasis on meat and veg although there is one vegetarian entree. The cedar plank grilled wild salmon with grilled vegetables, was very good; but it was exactly as I would prepare the dish for a simple meal at home. (When I'm going out - especially when I am driving to a remote location for dinner - I like some surprises from the kitchen.) I wished I had made a different selection, but didn't see an entree as appealing as the appetizers.

17 North offers a three-course prix fixe dinner available to early diners. The prix fixe portions are MUCH smaller than ala carte portions, but the selections are limited.