“Great Light Dinner”
Review of Graze

Graze
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Bar Scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Houston Northcutt and Hwy 17 N.
Transit: There is a Carta Bus stop merely 100 yards from our front door.
Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

Traveling into Charleston, my husband and I wanted a light dinner. We found Graze with Luck in a shopping center with Whole Foods. What a find!!! We thoroughly enjoyed salmon and Buffalo Shrimp tacos both served with a crisp salad with the best lemon vinaigrette I've tasted. Menu also included very creative soups and salads as well as full entrees. We would both be happy to return here

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

Decided to try it based on the reviews. We all weren't terribly hungry, so this seemed like a good fit. We were worried it might be overrated due to a trendy vibe, but that was months case. Everything was tasty and spot on. Proper sized portions for our needs. Excellent service. Actually, one of our party had their heart set on an item based on the on-line menu, but it was changed out with the seasons. They accommodated her request and everyone was happy. Good choice for many occasions. We definitely recommend.

1  Thank NeverUnpacked
Reviewed 16 February 2018

Met friends after work on a whim, wanted to try something new and we were not disappointed.

This is a cozy little place, tucked away in a strip mall near Wholefoods in Mt P. Made a reservation in advance, and our table was waiting for us when we arrived at 5:30 (just as Happy Hour had begun). Well drinks and select bottled beers were $2.50 and $2.00 respectively. A happy hour menu also offered a tasty selection of appetizer type snacks for a reduced price.

Our table was a half booth, with 3 chairs and a bench seat tucked up against a partition, dividing the restaurant seating into 2 sections (a row of tables on the opposite side of us, and a full bar with seating behind us). This is not a white table cloth, quiet setting. It can get a little noisy which we were right at home with, but not offensive. This is a child friendly restaurant, but the setting is a little more oriented to appeal to couples.

The menu offered a nice variety of low country appetizers and entrees, to include lobster or pulled pork mac and cheese soups salads or fried oyster appetizers. Entrees included craft tacos, beef tenderloins, shrimp and grits and even lamb. I had the shrimp and grits which was lightly spicy with andouille sausage and was simply fabulous ($18). In my opinion, among the best I’ve had.

My meal and 2 cocktails weighed in at just under $25, and the service was exceptional. Restaurant serves lunch and dinner.

We’ve added Graze to our list of favorites and will be enjoying exploring the menu further.

1  Thank Jim_n_Seattle
Reviewed 11 February 2018

I had high hopes for this restaurant after reading reviews.
House made focaccia bread served on request. Very heavy and greasy Husband had pasta bolonese
that was like none ever had before. Normally ground meat and light milk in the sauce. This was chunks of meat with a heavy tomato cream sauce. Wish the menu said that! I had osso buco that was on a bed of risotto. And again heavy cream in the risotto that is not necessary when the arborio rice makes its own creamy sauce. Flavors were good but lamb tasted old, like it was made last week. Day old lamb is always better but not DAYS old. Both soups also had cream. I do love some cream but... not all needs the addition of cream. Cream should be added to enhance a dish,not overpower it. Ambiance nice, service good, but after going to the bathroom( filthy) I will not return. A gas station bathroom is in better shape. They need to gut this one!
So sad that the owners choose to ignore their bathroom. Makes me wonder what else they ignore... like cleanliness in the kitchen. I do wish I could have said nicer things about this place.

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

Truly impressed! We have traveled a lot and eat out often. The food was excellent as well as the service - Susie. We had the shrimp tacos and fish tacos AND the calamari - the best we have ever had. The prices were very low.
Definitely go here for lunch - dinner has to be just as good!
Enjoy!