“Best Western never dissapoints!”

Best Western Patriots Point
Ranked #17 of 24 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
Greenwood, Indiana
“Best Western never dissapoints!”
Reviewed 25 January 2012

We chose Best Western in Mt Pleasant for our "home base" during a four day trip to Charleston based mainly on location and price. We were not disappointed in the least!
The rooms are spacious and clean. We opted for a king bed which was comfortable and spacious (I am 6'6" tall!)
The front desk staff was friendly and helpful and relocated us when I (mistakenly) thought we had no TV (I just wasn't looking in the TV niche!).
I needed to do some printing and was able to do so at the small but well equipped business center in the small area adjacent to the front desk. The lack of MS Word on the computer was a minor challenge which I was able to work around.
The breakfast area was clean and well stocked. They offered the standard fare - cold cereal, packets of instant hot cereal, etc. which is all we desire. I think they also had biscuits & gravy and the like but I try to ignore such fare (trying to watch fat intake!)
The hotel is located several hundred feet from US 17, a very busy thoroughfare but the heavily wooded space between muffled all traffic noise. Even though we were on the highway side, road noise was never a problem.
It is a short jaunt (it is walkable) to Patriot's Point and USS Yorktown, the ferry to Ft Sumter, and the road out to Sullivan's Island and Isle of Palms. Lots of restaurants within a mile.
Getting on US 17 s a snap and Charleston is just across the bridge - a short 5-10 minutes.
When (not if - we love this city) we return to Charleston, we will definitely have Best Western Mt Pleasant high on our list!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Polish first
Florida, United States
Reviewed 15 January 2012

Just returned from a one night stay. Great location, right off route 17 and conveneient to all other main highways, shops, restaurants, etc. A few blocks from the busy road but yet very quiet. Service was well done, everyone friendly, greeted you in the halls, etc. My room was very clean, however the toilet bowl has "faint" skid marks from not scrubbing enough though the rest of the toilet was clean. I had an excellent AAA rate. Room 218, where I was, had an obstructed view of the giant sattelite dish. Considering I paid $79 for the room and it was one night, I didn't mind. Free Breakfast was a nice touch and that wasn't advertised on the web stie (or else I missed it). Great pillows, mattress was 'so-so" and the bed made so tight you could bounce a quarter of it. The only negative thing I can say that as a non-smoker, I thought it was very unprofessional to see some of the staff huddled in front of the lobby door smoking...it was a cold morning that day...I have no problems with people who choose to smoke, but nobody likes to walk through a cloud of smoke to enter a nice clean hotel. Also, I did not like hearing staff sharing gossip or talking about their wayward children. TMI. Nonetheless, it's a great travel bargain and I would stay there again because the good of the hotel outweighs the bad.

Room Tip: Room 218 is a very obstructed view
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Mountain Home, Arkansas
Reviewed 24 October 2011

My husband and I, two daughters, a son-in-law, and a grandson stayed here so we could enjoy an almost 'end-of-the-season' day at the beach. Our rooms were clean and nice sized and an elevator made staying on the 2nd floor quite easy (my husband has a very difficult time climbing steps).
Our rooms were quiet, the bed was comfortable, the breakfast was good, and the price was very reasonable.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Lexington, South Carolina
Reviewed 20 October 2011

The property was nestled away between two main thoroghfares. While the hotel is not at Patriots Point as I expected, the distance is close enough for a walk and visit; which we enjoyed. Our business was in downtown Charleston (just across the bridge) and location was perfect for us in morning and afternoon commutes. The staff was friendly and helpful. The desk clerk even helped change my accommodations when he found out what would make our stay more pleasant. Quiet suitable for the name, Mt. Pleasant. We look forward to returning.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Spartanburg, South Carolina
Reviewed 17 September 2011

Booked one night here for a quick (and much needed) overnight getaway. Hotel served it's purpose- bed was comfy, no issues checking in/out, quiet, breakfast was good the next morning, and for the price, it's unbeatable for the Mt. Pleasant area. We will not hesitate to stay here again on our next adventure to the Charleston area.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple