We chose Best Western in Mt Pleasant for our "home base" during a four day trip to Charleston based mainly on location and price. We were not disappointed in the least!
The rooms are spacious and clean. We opted for a king bed which was comfortable and spacious (I am 6'6" tall!)
The front desk staff was friendly and helpful and relocated us when I (mistakenly) thought we had no TV (I just wasn't looking in the TV niche!).
I needed to do some printing and was able to do so at the small but well equipped business center in the small area adjacent to the front desk. The lack of MS Word on the computer was a minor challenge which I was able to work around.
The breakfast area was clean and well stocked. They offered the standard fare - cold cereal, packets of instant hot cereal, etc. which is all we desire. I think they also had biscuits & gravy and the like but I try to ignore such fare (trying to watch fat intake!)
The hotel is located several hundred feet from US 17, a very busy thoroughfare but the heavily wooded space between muffled all traffic noise. Even though we were on the highway side, road noise was never a problem.
It is a short jaunt (it is walkable) to Patriot's Point and USS Yorktown, the ferry to Ft Sumter, and the road out to Sullivan's Island and Isle of Palms. Lots of restaurants within a mile.
Getting on US 17 s a snap and Charleston is just across the bridge - a short 5-10 minutes.
When (not if - we love this city) we return to Charleston, we will definitely have Best Western Mt Pleasant high on our list!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Guests will enjoy this hotel's convenient access to the Charleston Historic District without paying downtown Charleston hotel rates. Located in the heart of Mount Pleasant, the Best Western Patriots Point is only minutes away from the beautiful Historic District where visitors can stroll along the cobble-stone streets, shop and dine in beautiful Charleston. Hotel guests will also find Patriots Point Maritime Museum, Fort Sumter and the Patriots Point Golf Course and Marina nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Patriots Point reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Patriots Point Hotel Mount Pleasant
- Patriots Point Best Western
- Best Western Mount Pleasant
- Mount Pleasant Best Western