“Quick Lunch - Good BBQ!!”
Review of Melvin's BBQ

Melvin's BBQ
Ranked #19 of 368 Restaurants in Mount Pleasant
Price range: US$8 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours
Description: A South Carolina tradition since 1939, Melvin Bessinger's Bar-B-Q Restaurants are beloved and famous for our St. Louis style pork ribs, chicken and "Best BBQ in Charleston". But don't take our word for it, come on down and experience the flavor at one of two locations, in Mt. Pleasant and James Island. Thank you for your continued support, y'all!
Reviewed 7 October 2017

We did not have a lot of time, but wanted a substantial lunch before a water tour.
Very happy with the pork sandwich and my wife liked her burger.
Obviously very local clientele, shows me it is a good local joint!

Reviewed 6 October 2017

One of best burgers in Mt P. Very casual. Lots of great options for sides. Prices are great.
Several Burger options to choose from

Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

Food was just average, nothing special. Staff was okay as well, not bad nor good. Heads up that almost all of the sauces are mustard based and you can tell if you don’t like mustard.

Reviewed 20 September 2017

We stopped for lunch and found the quality and quantity very good. We took a lot home. They smoke the meat and have some good sauces. However the sauces are vinegar based. I prefer the Texas style sauces, but they had some we liked. We took a lot home.

Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

I stumbled in here on a whim. I went with the BBQ and Mac and cheese sandwich. I enjoyed the sandwich. The atmosphere was quaint. I understand overhead and the costs of running a business, but I felt the prices were a little high for a BBQ joint. They had a lot of good options on the menu. I will eventually go back. I don't have anything bad to say about it, but it didn't wow me. Staff was extremely nice.