Holiday Inn Express Murrells Inlet
US$150
US$139
The Inlet Sports Lodge(Murrells Inlet)
US$149
Garden City Inn(Murrells Inlet)
US$115
Travelocity
Litchfield Beach & Golf Resort(Pawleys Island)(Great Value!)
US$114
US$88
Hampton Inn Pawleys Island - Litchfield(Pawleys Island)(Great Value!)
US$159
US$146
Surfside Beach Oceanfront Hotel(Surfside Beach)(Great Value!)
US$199
US$169
Official Hotel
The Oceanfront Litchfield Inn(Pawleys Island)(Great Value!)
US$159
Orbitz.com
Hotels.com
Royal Garden Resort(Garden City Beach)
Hotels.com
All reviewstwo double bedsindoor poolroom was cleanper nightbottled waterwould stay here againbreakfast was includedhot tubbrookgreen gardenshuntington beach state parkmarsh walkhiepillowssinkpasssc
Reviewed 27 July 2017

Recently stayed at this hotel for a relaxing weekend but that was not in the cards for this place. Was given a room on the 4th floor with no working elevator. The staff was very friendly even though she was clearly preoccupied by the elevator outage. The pool was small, decently clean and the water was cool on a HOT SC day. The "atrium" doors were sealed closed with no way to let in any fresh air. Once we returned to the room to freshen up after the pool the the entire shower knob popped off and landed in the tub. when it was time to turn in the beds were OK at best, the room had a "nightlight" as the door jamb was warped with about a 1 inch gap on the side of the door. Breakfast was free, your standard microwave eggs, turkey sausage and biscuits and gravy. Nothing to rave about but it was free. Was not at all happy with our stay and being a loyal IHG member a bit shocked that this place was allowed to run under the Holiday Inn Express branding. Will not stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Murrells Inlet, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2017

Dear efranklin30,

Thank you for being our valued and loyal IHG Rewards Club member and for leaving us your valuable feedback. I am pleased to know you liked the friendliness of our staff. I am very sorry for the experience you had with the condition of our facilities and any shortfalls you have noticed that did not live up to your expectations. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 22 July 2017

My family and I had the opportunity to stay at this hotel for one night before checking into our resort in Myrtle Beach. We made the reservations in April. While making the drive into the area, I called the hotel to see if there would be any possibility for an early check-in as we arrived earlier than anticipated. The general manager (who answered the phone) told me they were sold out the night before and there was no way he could guarantee that request. I completely understood, but being a Platinum member, I figured I would at least ask.

At that point, he proceeded to tell me the elevator was not working, which if you look at the other reviews on this site, it seems this is the 3rd time this summer the elevator was not working. Knowing I was traveling with my parents, one who recently had a surgical procedure on his leg, and my mother who has difficulty walking stairs, I asked to be located on the first or second floor. The general manager was extremely, over-the-top rude and stated there was nothing he could do, nor would he guarantee anything and if I wanted to cancel, I could. All he had to do was check which rooms were checking out that day, and hold one room for 2 individuals that would not be able to walk 3, 4, or 5 floors – yet, that was an issue for him. NEVER in a hotel, have I ever had an experience with a disrespectful general manager like this. Again – if you read other reviews on here, it seems he does this regularly. At one point, he said I was being too demanding, told me to call IHG (company overseeing Holiday Inn), and hung up on me. If me being protective of individuals that cannot walk 5 floors is being demanding, then I guess I was. I can honestly say, I would never stay in this location EVER again. Upon checking in, I was told I would be given additional IHG points, and a discount on the room – which was never given.

The hotel itself was nice. It does, as other reviews state, need a bit of updating, but overall it was nice. AC worked well (which was great in 100 degrees), room was clean, bathroom was in good condition, and the breakfast was nice. The hotel front desk staff was very nice. No other issues, but what I have learned is that if a Manager functions in the type of behavior he does, all other staff work under the same attitude.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Joseph D
HemantThaker, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Murrells Inlet, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you encountered during your stay.

Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

The elevator broke which wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing but when you are in the 5th floor is stinks. Tried the pool couldn't stay in for more than a few minutes there was so much chlorine it burnt my eyes almost immediately. The left less than a half roll of toilet paper in the restroom as we were in a suite with 5 people that didn't exactly work. The breakfast was good for a hotel breakfast.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience encountered during your stay.

Reviewed 28 June 2017

I stayed at your hotel first of all it really made me surprised to see a tub in the middle of the room gross. The front desk the girl was very nice your cleaning crew is to be desired, your General Manager Lloyd is a wonderful man he was very helpful and actually very nice our room was not cleaned correctly, and did not clean our room but that was taken care of. You should really know you picked a great GM to handle your hotel. Anything else you should really get a new cleaning crew the couch in the tv area in the main area is ripped that is tacky. and the smell is horrible

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Murrells Inlet, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2017

Hi haleyklein92,

Thank you for your stay and for leaving a review about our hotel on TripAdvisor. Your feedback is extremely important as this will help us to achieve our mission to provide the perfect guest experience. I am sorry for the disappointments you had with our housekeeping team but I am glad that the General Manager was able to make things right with you. The cleanliness of our rooms and our property, in general, has always been our main priority and it is disheartening to learn that it fell below par during your stay. I have taken note of your comments and shared them with our management team to review the procedures we have in place and make necessary improvements accordingly.

Once more, thank you for your feedback and in case you are back in the area, we would love to have another opportunity to wow you.

Ingrid V.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 24 June 2017

A five-floor hotel with one elevator that does not work says it all, We were on the fourth floor. The hotel is in need of a major update. Indoor pool only . . . in the South . . and the pool is next to the lobby so major pool humidity and smell. 8:00 am and no eggs or bacon in the breakfast area. Workout room adequate, but needed sweeping and cleaning - no towels in the dispenser to wipe down equipment. Indifferent front desk staff - too busy sneaking out to smoke. Despite the great location, we will not stay here again. Not a good hotel for the IHG brand!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience encountered during your stay.