“Friendly Bartenders”

Price range: US$0 - US$25
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 1 December 2017

Friends had a drink or two at the bar before we strolled on the walkway. Every staff member we encountered was pleasant and personable. Very comfortable bar and fresh popped popcorn. Yum!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,226)

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 24 November 2017 via mobile

The hushpuppies here are delicious with the honey butter they serve. The salad bar is very cold and fresh. I had the sirloin and it was perfectly cooked and very tender. I wish I had saved room for dessert. The views here are great if you get a window seat. My friend had broiled shrimp, scallops and flounder and raved about how good it was.

Reviewed 22 November 2017

Normally we shy away from the "big restaurant attractions" in favor of smaller, hole in the wall or fine food establishments but we were looking for food at around 3:30PM on a weekday in Murrell's Inlet. This was one of the few choices. I thought, "we'll find something to eat". Much to my surprise the "below deck" menu offered a seafood sampler and hush puppies. We ordered one sampler, one order of hush puppies, a beer and pinot grigio. The sampler had: two fried scallops, two shrimp wrapped in butter, two crab balls and 4 pieces of beef fillet; all were very tasty. The hush puppies were good; not like my grandmother's but really pretty good. All in all this trip has been mostly a bust on food but the meal at DJR was a delightful surprise. $40+ for the meal and drinks. Not bad for a late lunch/early dinner.

Reviewed 21 November 2017

The ahi tuna is just amazing. Best sauce I've every had, they make all their dressings and sauces in house. You sadly cannot buy them at a store. Worth the wait!!

Reviewed 18 November 2017

In October my husband and I visited the Myrtle Beach are to become familiar with where we would be living in a couple of years. We stopped by Drunken Jack's for a mid-day meal. It was a beautiful day and we sat on the sizeable outside deck overlooking the Intercoastal. Just beautiful, relaxing and a perfect day for an outdoor lunch. We ordered their Special of the day which provided a lot of bang for your buck! I am happy to report that service was spot on, and the food was terrific and plentiful. Nice menu, fish being caught right off the dock below and we will definately be returning in Dec. when we revisit!

1  Thank Maggie A