“Not fine dining but acceptable standard fare”

Sara J's Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #25 of 145 Restaurants in Murrells Inlet
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Lots of fried entrees and menu typical of restaurants near ocean resort. Depending on table, good view of inlet and easy parking. Can't go wrong here, but it's not fine dining. The seafood combination platters were ample and liked by all that ordered it. Some outside dining and easy parking.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We have passed this place a million times without giving it a second thought, but decided to eat here when other restaurants in the area were full up.

I wasn't sure about the shrimp and grits that had bacon instead of andouille sausage, but Lori our sever recommended it and it was excellent!

Great service and food. We will definitely be back

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We went in the off season and were seated quickly. Service was good. My son had the shrimp Alfredo and it was probably a 4 or 5 inch deep bowl of pasta with shrimp lining the entire perimeter of the bowl. I didn't want fried scallops and the waitress suggested broiled. They were fantastic! Huge portion. I probably ate 7 or 8 half dollar sized scallops my husband and son's sampled and I probably still took home 10 or so. My home son did not enjoy his ribeye but it was different for him. I tried a bite and found it to be very flavorful. My husband had something like a seafood medley with stuffing and found it to be a little bland but enjoyed it much more with th e scallops from my plate. The meal came to about $150 For the 4 of us - no alcohol_ before tip. A little pricey but the quality, quantity and service was worth it. Would lik e to try again before sunset and sit on the enclosed porch.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This place sits on the water and provides an exceptional view while dining. The food was excellent as was the service.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

This seafood restaurant at one time was Garden City's premier eating attraction. So much so...anyone can have a bad night..or two. We've give them more than enough redeeming chances.