“Crab Nachos”

Get food delivered
Ranked #18 of 139 Restaurants in Murrells Inlet
Price range: US$6 - US$50
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Fantastic appetizer - instead of tortilla chips, the base is fried wonton crisps, topped with Mexican-style white cheese sauce, chopped tomatoes and mangoes, scallions, and topped off with guacamole. We enjoyed it so much, we went back a second time.
Large portion - took some home each visit!

Date of visit: April 2021
Write a reviewReviews (878)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

THE POSITIVES...
Excellent service! Kelsey was our waitress, and I cannot say enough positive things about her! She was extremely pleasant, professional, accommodating in taking our photos, knew the menu and made great suggestion.

The food was good. We shared 4 appetizers: highly recommend the muscles and crab nachos. The meals were tasty and plentiful and we all enjoyed it.

WHY IT LOST A STAR...
A month prior to our visit to Pawleys Island, I had contacted Alyssa, the restaurant manager, to make a reservation for our 50th birthday celebration lunch--for 12 guests, requesting to be seated together at noon and specifically for an outside table. Alyssa stated that they would accommodate our party. The day before our reservation, I confirmed the date, time, outdoor seating and updated the number of guests to 7.

Yet, when we arrived on time for our reservation, the hostess Patricia stated that she couldn't seat our party of 7 guests outside because they couldn't put a table together. I stated that I had already made arrangements with Alyssa/manager for specifically outside seating, but Patricia refused to seat us outside, stating that the waitstaff wouldn't be able to serve us.

So we sat inside at a window table. With the view, we saw that only one table was being occupied, and there was plenty of room to put two tables together without an issue. Later in the meal, we saw that a few more tables were filled, and our own waitress, Kelsey, serving a table in the outside area. So I'm not sure what the issue was with accommodating us with an outside seating.

I know we did have a fabulous time and with everything going on in the world, it seems petty to complain about such a thing, but for this special occasion, we really wanted to sit outside with the water view--it was one of the conditions in selecting the restaurant. There are a few restaurants on the Inlet that have great views with outdoor seating. The Claw House and the Wicked Tuna were the top two places on our list. We had chosen The Claw House because my sister dined with them in the past and had highly recommended it.

Incidentally, later in the week, we went to the Wicked Tuna and they had no problems seating the 7 of us together on an outside table with a terrific view--that too, without a reservation.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Late lunch on a week day.
Great service!
Clam chowder was more like a bisque but very good.
Tuna civeche was ok. More like guacamole with some pieces of tuna in it.
Fish & chips were good. Fish was great, fries, average, coleslaw... different.
Small size shrimp steam pot was excellent!
Key lime pie...very authentic.

We will go back.

Reviewed 14 May 2021

Got the broiled platter (filet, scallops, shrimp). My wife had the grilled salmon. Plenty of food and reasonable price. We arrived just before 9 PM and were seated right away. The wait staff was helpful and friendly. Nice view of the water from our table.

Date of visit: April 2021
Review collected in partnership with RCI
Reviewed 9 May 2021 via mobile

I had the 2 cluster snow crabs steam pot. Small clusters , but They were good. My husband and friend had fish and chips. The fish tasted like it was frozen patties. My other friend had a bowl of clam chowder. It was more like a cup and was charged way too much for what she got. Her house salad was only lettuce and a little cheese for $7. Would not ever go back. Too expensive for what got and quality was horrible