See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 May 2017 via mobile

This place is freaking disgusting! Absolutely nasty! I've never walked into a hotel where somebody with me went into an asthma attack right as they walked into it. The beds were not made, not even sheets on the bed and the blankets were just thrown on the bed. The toilet was not even flushed. There was still pee and toilet paper in the toilet. How disgusting is that? When I left because we couldn't breath. I came back later asking for a refund and they wouldn't give me one. They told me that they just had the room spayed with pest control right before we entered it. You cannot rent out a room right after it's sprayed for bugs. You have to stay out of a room/house for AT LEAST 4 hours after it's sprayed, but it's recommended for longer... They called me crazy. Very respectful... This is the worst and most disgusting motel I've ever seen. So nasty! Do not ever come here! I promise you will regret it! The people were very rude! Nasty and rude. Don't come here. Waste of money and you won't be able to breath. Disgusting! If I could, I would give it a NEGATIVE review....

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank colleenpatino13
Reviewed 28 April 2017

There are two "Beach Bungalow" units on this property and it's in a nice atmosphere of shade trees with Spanish moss hanging down on Murrell's Inlet. You may rate it 3 out of 5 OR 4 out of 5 as I did depending upon exactly what you demand on premise. This happens to be the quaint sort of lodging that I look for on occasion and the location is still centered on some of the best restaurants in the area and is also close to Pauley's Island . Welcome to the "Low Country" !

Stayed: September 2016
1  Thank EagleZEyeZ
Reviewed 18 March 2017 via mobile

Paid for a week. The place has a beautiful landscape and very private location but the manager is the MOST rude and obnoxious person I've ever met! Left 2 days early because of his insults and glares everytime we went outside. Also, the rooms are very small and crowded and he didn't tell us until after we rented the room that WiFi was $7.50 extra per week. Wouldn't recommend this place to anyone and will never go back.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Kimberly D
Reviewed 1 October 2016 via mobile

The Brookwood Motel is an awesome place with so many amenities I don't even know where to begin.

It is quaint and a little bit older but Charming Charming Charming with them which character. It has an incredible View and it is located conveniently right off the Road.

There is a pool overlooking the spacious parking lot and hotel grounds which offer plenty of place to play or walk pets or just go and get on a hammock or relax in one of the chairs are at the picnic table or even Grill if you like.

It reminds me of old school Florida back in the day traveling as it has beachy decorations and knickknacks and is totally set up for You to enjoy being so close to the beach and all of the wonderful beach activities that are offered in every area and direction that you could go into. Really Beyond relaxing here or dipping in the pool just trying to make the decision of what is the most fun you want to have is the hardest decision and then you just go have fun.

I highly recommend the Brookwood Motel because it's cozy and off the beaten path and more private so you don't feel like you're having a vacation with everyone else at the beach. And you will feel like a million bucks because it's a super affordable Motel so you will have more money for more fun, or buying Seafood to ice down in your cooler and take back home, or Murrells Inlet shirts and towels.

The couple that runs this metal are very sweet and happy to accommodate any requests within reason.

This is a very family-friendly kind of place and very safe and down Home.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank CharloAsh17
Reviewed 28 July 2016 via mobile

Like most of the reviews state, this hotel is old and in need of updating which would be cons for a long vacation. That being said, the bed was one of the most comfortable I've slept on in a hotel, and they used really fat, fluffy towels. Didn't expect that. Nights were pretty quiet while we were there also. Rooms are designated "non smoking" but all the smokers sit right outside their rooms with the doors open so that's kind of a moot point. Had to wash everything I took took to get the smell out. It was ok for our trip as it was convenient to the dive shop and the marsh walk.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple