“Awful”

Cuisines: Chinese, Japanese, Thai
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Filet was tough, rice was hard . I love Japanese and this so far is the worse food evwr! Express Japanese is better than this awful food!

Reviewed 6 January 2014

The food was good the Sushi was outstanding. The problem was with the server. Not sure what was going on but he was able to focus or understand what was going on. We waited awhile for our food (we were the only one there) and then it was wrong. My son ordered shrimp and received scallops. He also could not divide our check properly and continued to refer to my brother a lady???? Not sure if we will visit again.

Reviewed 4 January 2014

We stopped for lunch on News Years Day, probably not a good ideal, the guy at the door looked as though he was still asleep, thus the rest of our service experience. The same guy was our server, he looked confused and was moving really slow, you could tell this server was not all there, not sure why, unless it was due to the party the night before, which he did tell us he had not been home yet.
He took our order and kept repeating the order back to us several times, when he brought the drinks, he said the tea was being made, we had to ask 3 times for the tea. My Nephew ordered shrimp but received scallops, which made him sick. We had ordered sushi but it came after our main dishes. Then when we tried to pay, the server could not separate the bill, so we paid one bill, it was so frustrating, we walk out forgetting out to go boxes... Really, really bad service.. On a positive note, the food was really good, and the sushi was great! Should you go to this restaurant go later rather then early..

1  Thank Mark C
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Our hibachi chef was mildly entertaining and very generous with the portions of food. That was the two pluses of our evening.

I was able to eat only a very small portion of my food (shrimp & chicken) because of the overwhelming amount of soy sauce that the chef used. It was a terrible meal!!!

The dining room we were seated in held 3 or 4 hibachi stations and they were surrounded by what appeared to be everything that normally would be out of sight in the kitchen. Very unattractive surroundings.

The ladies restroom was down a long, long, long, dark hall and was gross.

If you are looking for a great Japanese Steakhouse experience, look elsewhere.

Reviewed 11 September 2013

I dined at this restaurant when it was called Kono, and although it wasn't out of this world, it was alright. So I thought I'd take my husband and daughter there for an easy meal our last night of vacation. However, I will NEVER eat there again. Worst $66 ever spent... and that was only for two adults and one child (they weren't even supposed to charge us for the child.) When we got there we waited for a short while. While we were waiting we saw the table before us have some sort of disagreement with the cook, who was then reprimanded loudly and rudely by his supervisor in front of the whole restaurant. When we were finally led back to our seat we were led down a long, dirty hallway to a back room in the restaurant where there was no one else and told they were waiting on the cook to arrive. While we waited the waiter told us that the restaurant was under new management and the staff was all new. One waiter tried to turn the cooktop on and after a few minutes didn't understand why it wasn't getting warm. The other people at our table decided to leave at this point, but we stayed. The waiter leaves and comes back with someone whose assessment is that all of the tables in this room they put us in had no propane. So they led us back up to the front of the restaurant to the only table that was working. Once we sat down everything seemed OK. The cook wasn't particularly amazing, but the food was alright. However, while we were eating a party of 13 came in and was squeezed into the tiny space across form us. I'm not sure what happened, but at some point the same manager from before came out and rudely reprimanded her staff AGAIN in front of the whole restaurant. She was terribly unprofessional. As we got up to leave, my husband went to the car and I took my 4 year old daughter to the restroom (which is conveniently hidden back down another maze of dark dirty, shady looking hallways.) The bathroom smelled like someone took a poo in the trashcan and I was pretty certain we would get a disease just from standing in it. But wait... this is the best part... when we left, one of the waiters who had been particularly friendly and nice was coming down a dark hallway off the side of the restroom. He sniffed, wiped his nose, looked up and turned tail as fast as he could in the opposite direction, when he walked past me as I left he wouldn't even look me in the face... give you one guess what he was doing. I wouldn't be surprised if everyone in that place was on drugs. I am not uptight in the least, but this place was just completely unacceptable. I would not recommend anyone ever eat there.

2  Thank Jennifer G