“Funky but good, Great beach”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Myrtle Beach
South Seas Oceanfront Family Resort
Ranked #3 of 9 Myrtle Beach B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 July 2017

I have stayed at this hotel at least 4 times over recent years. I stay in the Ocean front part of the hotel. It is locally owned, not a chain. The ocean front rooms are really a suite. 4 rooms per level, 6 floors. Walk in to the room into a bedroom, queen/full bed, dresser, closet, TV, side table, Continue in to the Kitchen (full kitchen, fridge, microwave, oven) to one side and a full bath to the other. Continue in to the second bedroom, again queen/full bed, little table & chairs, and the living room area -- sofa, TV, coffee table, and a piece of furniture the TV sits on. Then the balcony and the beach. The furniture is funky, really, but it works. Now, the place is clean, but a little run down. In the kitchen there are NO utensils, pots, pans, etc. Bring you own. Maid service is good. There is also and indoor and an outdoor pool. If you want the Ritz, do not come here. But if you want good place to stay, lovely beach, reasonable prices, then this is it. There is no website, you have to call to make reservations. Price? During top season the suite was $115/night.

Room Tip: oceanfront is the way to go, although it does cost more
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Susan B

Reviewed 3 June 2017 via mobile

South seas has always been one of my favorite places to stay at myrtle beach, the customer service is great, the rooms are good, the bed is exceptional, also gave me a late checkout. It just an all around great place to stay and relax. Thanks South seas for all you do for my family.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank nydizzle
Reviewed 25 January 2017

it was great very friendly ppl.,room very clean,service was great,parking was very good had a great vaction the last 4 yrs.the owners are very nice ppl.the sounds of the beach,sunset was cool,the bars,the stores, boardwalk,rides the view everything about it is great whould move their if I could we love it

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cherokee349722
Reviewed 23 September 2016 via mobile

Recently stayed here over Labor Day week with my wife and kids. We had an oceanfront room on the fourth floor and really enjoyed our stay. The rate for an oceanfront room is very affordable. This was our second year staying here & I think we will probably keep coming back here in the future.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Derrick S
Reviewed 12 September 2016 via mobile

My first time to Myrtle beach. I loved it here. It was not as great as the higher hotels I'm sure but I had an oceanfront view. For my first time at the beach with my wonderful fiance it made this ky girl very happy. They brought us towels every morning the staff was great and the manager is a very sweet lady.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple