“Nice Overall - 2 Doubles, Not Queens”

Hampton Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach/Oceanfront
Ranked #7 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 17 August 2009

This was our first trip to Myrtle Beach, so I have no point of comparison to other hotels. The lobby and common areas are clean and well decorated with a Cape Cod feel that works. I'd not deem the room immaculate, however. Spare blanket in closet was mildewed and full of sand (never checked) and bathroom was older - as we were in the older tower -supposedly renovated last year during construction of the newer North Tower. My issue is that they touted and maintained that there were two Queen beds in the room. We have a queen and double at home and I know the difference. If you're concerned about bed size, spring for a suite if you can. (Also, there is no restaurant or bar on premises - nor a hint of recycling).

1  Thank Liza89
Write a ReviewReviews (3,002)

Reviewed 16 August 2009

I knew having a 5 year old boy would require a lot of trips in & out of our room, so I wanted something right on the beach. I am so glad I chose this hotel!!! Everyone who works there was friendly and helpful. The place was clean and fresh ( the one exception was some flaking ceiling "popcorn" in our room). There are now two towers to this hotel, the North one opening in April and the South one being updated then as well, and almost every room faces the beach. Each tower also has some side "oceanview" rooms. For these rooms request the South tower because it is next to a vacant lot and the view is better. They have a ton of pools- two outdoor lazy rivers, one larger, one smaller, an outdoor kiddie pool with squirting and shower features, an outdoor pool, an "indoor" (under a roof) kiddie lazy river, two "indoor" pools and two "indoor" hot tubs. People sometimes visit and don't want to take their beach toys home with them when they leave so there are also boogie boards, sand toys, beach umbrellas & sometimes beach chairs available to borrow for your stay. The same goes with books to read on the beach. The hotel is gorgeous. They have two breakfast areas, one in each tower and two public patios with wicker rockers overlooking the ocean, as well as rocking chairs & other seating placed throughout the hotel. We never had any parking issues and always felt safe. There were a LOT of families here, so the facilities were busy, but pools never seemed over-crowded.

The elevators are slow, with the staff using them to get around as well as the guests, which is really the only negative experience we had. Breakfasts were good, if not mouth-watering, and had a large selection of items from which to choose. My son bounced from the beach to the lazy river to the pool to the room very happily for our entire stay. We all agree that this will be our "official" Myrtle beach hotel from now on.

Reviewed 13 August 2009

The hotel is truly the finest Hampton Inn I have ever stayed at. The view is magnificent, there are so many pools, and lazy rivers and hot tubs, I lost count.
The hotel is beautiful and immaculate. I wanted to just LIVE there forever.

1  Thank NJTWINMOM
Reviewed 11 August 2009

This was our first trip to see the beach. I wanted a nice clean hotel so I checked this site thoroughly to find a great hotel. Our experience at the Hampton Inn was excellent and made our first trip to the beach even more enjoyable. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel was very clean and nice. High Speed internet, microwave and refrid in our room. Very nice breakfast, great parking. Great location. We loved the oceanfront balcony with rocking chairs with an EXCELLENT view of the ocean. Clean pool areas, everything was just great! Only complaint I have is waiting on the elevators. By the time they stopped at our floor they were usually too crowded to get on. I'm sure all of the hotels experience this in July at peak season with a large hotel. When and if we get to come back, we will def. be staying here again! I would recommend this hotel and give it 5 stars.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank missiem
Reviewed 11 August 2009

Stayed in the ocean front 14th floor room, and the view was great. The room overall was clean, but the jetted tub in the king bedroom had a slight ring around it. I was a bit disappointed about that since we were looking forward to using it, however only one person can fit in the standard size jetted tub. Once downstairs we used the outside spa and that was great, the food was great, the pools were great most of the time it was just us there. The chairs lined up outside I thought were part of Hampton's inn but I don't believe they are so bring your own chairs.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple