US$347
EmbassySuites.com
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
US$195
Coral Beach Resort & Suites(Myrtle Beach)
US$134
US$125
US$245
Official Site
Atlantic Hotel(Myrtle Beach)
US$161
Aqua Beach Inn(Myrtle Beach)
US$176
Travelocity
Atlantic Hotel North(Myrtle Beach)
  • Pool
3,512 results
All reviewsdominican towersea captainacross the streetchelsea houseocean frontd'ann laddlazy rivergolf directorbedroom condomurphy bedgolf packagepool areafamily vacationfull kitchenhot tubmain buildingthree bedroom
Reviewed 26 April 2016

My wife and I spent December 2015 and January and February 2016 (91 days - Leap Year) in a (3) BR/(2) bath condo in the Cayman Tower at the Caribbean Resort & Villas.This was our 8th three-month stay.

The Caribbean is on the very north side of the main Myrtle Beach hotels - - away from all of the "hub-bub." Very nice private oceanfront homes are just to the north of the Caribbean property.

The Cayman Tower is oceanfront.

The condo was immaculate when we arrived - the pillow-top mattresses on all beds were very comfortable. There was a king-size bed in the master oceanfront bedroom and a master bath, a queen-size bed in a second bedroom and two double beds in the third bedroom. There is a full guest bathroom - - each bathroom has a tub/shower combination.

New light weight, but warm for the winter, bedspreads were on each bed.

The dining room table seated six comfortably. The living room furniture was also very comfortable.

My wife really liked the all-stainless-steel appliances in the kitchen.

The indoor swimming pool, lazy river and two hot tubs were just the right temperature always. A new enclosure was installed around the indoor pool area while we were there. New murals have been painted on many of the walls.

New restrooms were installed for guests using the outdoor pool, lazy river and hot tub while we were there.

The resort buildings and grounds are always well maintained and kept clean.

A beautiful fire pit has been installed.

The large wooden deck on the ocean side of the indoor pool was replaced while we were there - - it was a very big, long job.

We are in our mid-70's and my wife had a health problem during our stay. Maggie, in the Front Office, who helps winter guests loaned us various items of hospital equipment - - two winter guests who are RNs advised us as to my wife's care - - one winter guest loaned my wife a walker.

We were very thankful for all of the help from the Caribbean staff and fellow winter guests.

Although my wife and I have always felt safe at the Caribbean, management has installed cameras throughout the resort - - every corridor in the Cayman can be monitored from the Front Office.

Maggie, in the Front Office, treats winter guests like us as part of her extended family. We had a potluck supper every other Sunday evening in January and February.

We have a three-month reservation for next winter.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
4  Thank BKCK
Kaitlin B, Front Office Manager at Caribbean Resort And Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2016

Dear BKCK,

We love our Winter Rental guests! Thank you for choosing to spend your three months during the colder months here with us at the Caribbean Resort and Villas. And there is no one better to ask about the Caribbean Resort and Villas than the guests that come and stay with us long term, year after year! Maggie welcomes each and every one of our guests into her Caribbean family and I cannot wait to tell her about your kind words. Thank you again and we will see you next winter!

Reviewed 25 April 2016

We have stayed at the Caribbean Resort for three summers. The positives - great pool, water park for the kids, quiet location at the end of rows of hotels, parking deck right across the street, great staff, convenient location, comfortable spacious rooms. I would recommend trying to get a room near the end of the floor away from the elevators. The rooms are dated, but definitely doable. My only suggestion would be to add some sort of Starbucks coffee bar inside the resort hotel. It would be awesome to not have to walk across the street to Starbucks!

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Shannon F

Dear Shannon818,

Return guests are always welcome at the Caribbean Resort and Villas and we are so proud that you continue to choose us when visiting Myrtle Beach! There is no bigger compliment than seeing the same faces year after year! We are incredibly happy you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to many more years of visits. Our staff loves Starbucks too and we feel blessed to have a Starbucks on property with us, even if it is located right across the street next to our parking garage. Thank you so much for your kind words and we will see you next year.

Reviewed 24 April 2016 via mobile

Can't say enough good things about this hotel. Booked it last minute, after reading terrible reviews about the hotel I had booked for months. The room looked EXACTLY like the photos online- and as someone who travels often, this is rarely the case. The room was also very clean. We stayed in an oceanfront room which was in the Dominican building and had a full kitchen. The elevators were fast and I never waited more than 2 minutes. The pools were great, my eight year old son had a blast. We were stayed 4 nights and wish we were still there as there's plenty to do! They offer a DVD rental box (similar to redbox) so that was really cool. Parking was across the street and very plentiful. There are 6 floors but we never had to park above floor 2. The staff was extremely friendly. I had to call maintenance twice for a tv issue and they were there both times in 5 minutes. We also had an issue with a group of kids throwing food of a balcony and when I alerted the front desk, they literally came right out to see and then handled it. Every staff member I encountered seemed to go above and beyond and I think that's what makes this resort special.

There were only a few things I would change:
1)the pool slide hours on the gate say opens at 11, but after waiting there until 12 with it unopened, we saw another sign that says open upon request. Once asked the kid come right over. Also, the sub marine kids area was never turned on during our stay, even after asking several times.
2)The rooms are situated so your bed is near the door- and they have great light blocking curtains. But in order to let in natural light everyone walking by can see directly into the room. Sheer curtains would have been nice behind the light blocking ones so they didn't always need to be closed. I only saw one room on my floor with a sheer curtain.
3) Finally, we didn't have a do not disturb or privacy sign, that would have been nice. I've stayed at beach resorts where they give you a card or a door hanger that asks about when you prefer service. We wake up early, so prefer service early because we often are ready to shower or nap at 2/3pm. But know a lot of people prefer to sleep in on vacation. I think adding a door option would be helpful for the cleaning staff to get certain rooms cleaned earlier, while letting others sleep in!

I absolutely will return to this resort, if I can't do it again this summer, we will be back again for spring break next year. Hopefully they run the spring breakfast special again as it was wonderfully convenient. If your on the fence about booking, I'd just go ahead and do so. I'm so glad we did!

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
4  Thank Brittney B

Dear Brittney B,

There is no better feeling than knowing we have gone above and beyond to make a great vacation for our guests and I would like to thank you for taking the time to tell us how wonderful your experience was. What a simply glowing review that speaks for itself! Thank you again for all your kind words. It seems you were able to enjoy all the wonderful amenities our property offers during your time with us, including the pools, beautiful views, free DVD rentals, and even the breakfast specials. We are looking forward to your next beach vacation!

Reviewed 24 April 2016

The Caribbean was a beautiful resort and perfect for the price. It was centrally located and we were able to walk ALMOST everywhere!! Having the 5 pools kept the kids entertained and the beach was beautiful!!! We had an ocean view and it was VERY worth it!! Great tiki bar although a bit pricey!! Already planning on going back!!!

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Jill41Love

Dear Jill41Love,

Wow!! What a wonderful five star review! Thank you so much for the kind words and taking the time to let all of our TripAdvisor visitors know how much you loved the Caribbean Resort and Villas. I cannot wait to share you rave review with the staff, as they work incredibly hard to provide only the best service to our guests. Thank you again and we are looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 24 April 2016 via mobile

From all the national and international hotels, we have been to this is the worst. You may read my other reviews to know that I am not the complaining type. This one, I believe a first 1 star in my book.
We booked the hotel directly from the hotel, the lady with the British accent assured us an upgrade to a deluxe ocean view, with free breakfast. Upon check in, no one told me where to park my vehicle, towel cards missing (we found out later at the pool). The room assigned to us is a motel type room on the first floor with a pool view and hardly any ocean. Room 128, when the front desk was called, they said initially that the hotel is booked solid, and no rooms available, then offered an upgrade for more $$$. Mind you, the hotel sign showed vacancy, and the pool attendant when asked, confirmed that they were not busy at all. A smelly room, ground floor is what we got. We asked to deliver what we discussed over the phone, but didn't happen. One more thing, I was offered 2 options for room deposit, one a non refundable $40 vs a $100 card hold....again the $40 no refundable is a first. Finally, after a back and forth with the front desk, they offered to refund us the money and for us (myself and my pregnant wife and our 7 year old) to go to another hotel at midnight!!! hospitality is def not their strongest quality!

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
4  Thank Sherif E

Dear Sherif E,

I am incredibly sorry to hear that you had a less than stellar experience with us at the Caribbean Resort and Villas. We strive to wow each and every one of our guests and we never wish for our guests to leave unhappy. We apologize if the room you originally booked was not to your liking. I am incredibly sorry that you felt the staff did not care to move you to a different unit and even after doing so, you were still unhappy. We missed our opportunity to amaze you with our great hospitality service and that is disheartening. We do require a security deposit on file for any reservations paid in cash, booked through a third-party provider, or paid in full before arrival. For those individuals who are wanting to purchase a damage insurance policy during their stay, in the event of any accidental damages, we also provide the option of a non-refundable damage waiver of $39.95 plus tax. Many guests enjoy this choice rather than the fully refundable $100 hold, as they may have children who are prone to spilling and accidents and wish to avoid any stress of damages items in the unit! Once again, from all of us here at the Caribbean Resort, we are sorry we fell short of your expectations and wish you would give us another opportunity in the future to show you our great hospitality!