“Highly recommend!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
raleigh, nc
“Highly recommend!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

We stay at this hotel annually for a car show. I wouldn't consider staying anywhere else! The staff is fabulous and so helpful. We request a certain room and so far they have been able to accomodate us. When we checkout, we make reservations for the next year! It is as good a any 5 star hotel I have ever stayed in.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (276)
  • Turkish first
East Petersburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

We switched to this hotel after checking in to another that was horrible. The Grand Strand was amazing in comparision. I would definitely recommend asking for the building that is beachside. We were ocean view. The building was small so there wasn't a lot of foot traffic, and often we were the only ones in the indoor pool. We didn't have any trouble with parking, but I think it could be a problem if it were the busy tourist season.

The room was bright and well maintained. It was clean and smelled fresh. The beds were comfortable. It was nice to have a TV with a DVD player for my children. The location and access to the beach could not have been better.

The staff was very friendly and knowledgable. We asked for several dining recommendations, and they were spot on each time. They had some helpful ideas for avoiding crowds and generally seemed to know the area well.

If you want, you can go across the road to the main hotel to use the outdoor pool and lazy river. There is also a continental breakfast there. It has the general fare but includes make your own waffles for a hot option.

I would definitely stay here again without thinking twice.

Room Tip: Defintely choose the beachside building with a view. You won't be sorry!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank PAFamilyofFour
puravidaagain, Owner at BEST WESTERN PLUS Grand Strand Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 4 April 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write such a helpful review! By telling us about your experience, you are helping us better serve you and other guests in the future. Furthermore, positive word of mouth is extremely important in the hospitality industry, and so I'm very happy to hear that you had only positive things to say about your stay at our property. We do our best to provide guests with exemplary customer service, clean and high-quality rooms, and excellent amenities. I'm proud to hear that you found each of those things with us. Thanks again, and we'll look forward to seeing you next time!
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

This was my first time to Myrtle Beach and I chose this hotel based on previous reviews. Once I got there I was initially a bit disappointed as I had not realized that the hotel was divided by the road into two separate buildings: the main structure on the northside of the boulevard and the southside ocean-view building. It is highly recommended that you choose the seaside building as the other one has a motel feel and you may get a lot of road noise with no view whatsoever. Myrtle Beach is a bit of a zoo with respect to hotels & motels as there are so many with large price differences. If you are not into high season, I would suggest that you book at one hotel for a couple of nights and then shop around once you get a feel for the area. What you want to do and the kind of crowd you want to run into will dictate where you want to stay.
A note on Myrtle Beach: this is strictly my opinion but even though the beach is very beautiful and clean, the town is just too tacky for my tastes. If you don't golf and are not into tackiness (mini-golf, Ripley's museums, Vegas style dollar stores, loud motorbikes), I would suggest that Charleston and Isle of Palms has more to offer. Also, there were large numbers of jelly fish on the beach which discourages swimming, having been stung before.

Pros: Very friendly staff.
Clean room.
Ocean view suites are steps from the beach.
Good Wi-Fi.
Comfortable bed.

Cons:
Have to cross road to get to breakfast area from sea-side building.
Breakfast is sub-par compared to most hotels I have stayed in the Charleston area on this holiday. If you don't get there early they run out of some food items. Eggs are really egg patties soaking in hot water.

Room Tip: For security reasons, get a room on the second or higher floor.
2 Thank MP4411
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2012

I will stay here again. The people were friendly. The sevice was great. Room was cleaned and freshened daily. I will definitly advise family and friends to stay at this hotel when they travel to mrytle beach. The location was fabulous.
Bed was great . slept very well. Pillows comfortable. Good breakfast included with stay. Great way to start each day.
We stayed for 4 nights. will stay again. Best hotel experience we have ever had.
Close to beach. Can't say enough about this hotel

Four Oaks, North Carolina, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2012

My in-laws are special to me and my wife. We drove them over to Myrtle Beach today, not only so they could get out of their apartment but it gave us another opportunity to spend time with them. The man working behind the counter (Tom) and the maintenance man (Marty) allowed us to determine if the handicap room my father-in-law needed would be sufficient for him. The room worked out perfect for us. We ended up getting a 2 bedroom - handicap room that was perfect for us all. This was our second stay at this hotel; the first time my wife and I and our children stayed in one of the ocean front rooms across the street. Then as well as this time has definitely made me a continuous visitor to this hotel. Thanks Best Western.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
I am so glad to hear that you and your in-laws had such a special experience in Myrtle Beach! I designed the various room types so that my property would be able to accommodate parties of differnet sizes and needs. It is good to hear, therefore, that you were able to find a unit that worked for you on both of your stays. I'm also happy to hear that you recieved exemplary service from my staff during your visit. Customer service is our greatest priority- it is our desire to make your stay as pleasant and relaxing as possible, and I'm glad that Tom and Marty reflected this attitude. Thank you so much for your loyalty to our property. I cannot tell you how much we value our repeat guests. We'll look forward to seeing you next time!