Pros: Great location, central Myrtle Beach.
Beach area not overcrowded
2 locations (one directly on the beach and the other across the street) We stayed across the street which is the main building where they serve breakfast and have the outdoor pool.
Small lazy river as well, we didn't use the pool facilities. The kids at the pool looked like they were enjoying it!
Had a very small gym - wish I would have realized it was there earlier in the week!
The bed was comfortable and there were NO bed bugs!
Great having a kitchenette
When we arrived our room smelled like bleach, I know the room was disinfected. Very strong smell at first but later went away.
Cons: Breakfast was ok, not the best. Coffee was blah. The only egg they served were scrambled eggs made from a powder mix. They served greasy sausage patties everyday, NO bacon. I think changing up a few more items on the menu would be a great idea. We always stay at a hotel with a breakfast included and this breakfast is at the bottom of our list.
The parking lot spaces are crammed so close together.
The room is very SMALL, the smallest bathroom I've ever had in a hotel. Our bathroom on our cruise ship cabin was bigger and those are small!
Not sure how often the room cleaning is done but thought it would be done daily? At the beginning of our week, we arrived back at our room at 330pm and the room was not done yet, shortly after we arrived the maid came to the room asking if there was anything she could get us like more towels. We asked if the room could be cleaned and she said well my shift is ending soon so I would need to do it now. That was inconvenient for us because we wanted to do an early dinner. We noticed the "Do not disturb" sign to hang on the door says the same thing on both sides. Every hotel I've stayed at usually says "Please clean room" on the opposite side. Just a suggestion.
The hotel is run down, needs a reno.
For the price we paid, I expected a little more.
This was our first time staying here and first time staying at a Best Western, I think I will try somewhere else the next time around.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Join us this year in beautiful, sunny Myrtle Beach and Have A Grand Strand Vacation. With two buildings to choose from, oceanfront and the main building across the street from the ocean. Our clean, affordable rooms, efficiencies, two & three bedroom suites are sure to put you at ease. We welcome families, golfers, and couples (no pets please). Spend your days exploring the beach or lounge around our oversized 30' by 60' seasonal heated pool with separate kiddie pool, lazy river, hot tub, and sundeck. You can also enjoy our indoor pool and hot tub with changing room located at our beachfront facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Best Western Plus Grand Strand Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Grand Strand Inn And Suites
- Best Western Plus Grand Strand Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Best Western Myrtle Beach
- Myrtle Beach Best Western