“Could be better...”

Best Western Plus Grand Strand Inn & Suites
Ranked #20 of 208 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 14 November 2017

The staff was friendly and breakfast was fine. We needed ice throughout our stay and had to go out & buy ice, because neither ice machine worked during our stay. Also on our last night the "clean" towels in our room had a few long dark hairs on them as well as a few shorter hairs. We had gotten in late and didn't report it though because we were so tired. The rest of the room was comfortable & clean. The lock on our door didn't work, but when reported, it was quickly repaired.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank muchfuntravelin
Jack R, Owner at Best Western Plus Grand Strand Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2017

Our daily goal is to provide the best in service and accommodation, and so we thank you for providing the kind of feedback we need in order to make the improvements all our valued guests deserve.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,060)

Reviewed 13 November 2017

We were in town for a wedding, the hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was larger than expected and the beds were very comfortable. Breakfast was a plus. Would definitely stay here again if the needs arises.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thanks for choosing to stay with us for such an important occasion. We appreciate your kind words and hope you have reason to choose to stay with us again. We are grateful for your feedback.

Reviewed 12 November 2017

Very friendly staff from check-in to breakfast servers to check-out. decent price for the room. Breakfast had a large selection of hot or cold food, fruit, coffee and juices. Hotel is across the street from the ocean. Did not use the indoor or outdoor pools or gym but they looked clean. Room was clean , very comfortable bed, great shower. Has refrigerator, stove and sink if you want to cook your own meals.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Jack R, Owner at Best Western Plus Grand Strand Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2017

Thanks for your kind and detailed review, which I'm certain will be an aid to others. We appreciate your taking the time to write about us and your stay, and sincerely hope you choose to stay with us again. We work hard to be both a "good value" and a great place to stay.

Reviewed 8 November 2017

Would never recommend this location to anyone. Front service staff was rude and unprofessional upon my arrival, making me feel like dirt. Not wearing a name tag, and her manners and just blatant disrespect for a paying customer that had just driven 11 hours through the night to get here - you can guess I was expecting a little hospitality. Sadly, no.

Reported this whole situation to corporate too. The story is simple: I give her my ID, AAA card (for discount), and credit card. She takes all this and is doing her thing in the computer, so I think, well, it'll probably take her a couple minutes so I take out my phone and check email while she continues her work.

Next thing I remember is a, "Are you done?" My head bobs up, "Excuse me?"

"Are you done? I'm just waiting for you now."

I immediately say I'm sorry and that I was the one WAITING and being CONSIDERATE, not her. She continues to say that no, she was the one waiting on me since I was "on my phone." At this point, between the lack of food, sleep deprivation, and more, I was about to emotionally boil over so I just shut it and let her take her sweet time then showing me the map of the hotel in her still rude-as-can-be tone.

Lorie, the general manager, left me a telephone voicemail, and I appreciate her taking the time to be as professional as she was in her message after I left the following morning, but the damage was done. If I had been met by Martin, who checked me out that morning, I would have had a much better experience upon check-in. Never met a more genuine, kind, caring, and attentive person in the 5 minutes I was in his company before getting back on the road.

P.S. Thankfully, I was just staying one night here until family flew in to meet them as we were staying someplace else for the whole week. Thank god for that.

P.P.S. The rude woman also didn't give me the internet access code so I had to call and wait for a guy representing their internet service to give me access after about 20 minutes. Talk about a backwards operation here.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Raytripreview
Jack R, Owner at Best Western Plus Grand Strand Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide such detailed and important feedback about your experience with us. We have made both immediate improvements and permanent changes to make sure every guest receives the best in customer service from all of us, all the time.

Reviewed 3 November 2017

We stay here each Oct and highly recommend it. Always nice and clean. Good staff and right on the beach. We feel it is so nice our children are now coming to this motel. WE wouldn't stay any other place.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Jack R, Owner at Best Western Plus Grand Strand Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2017

We love it when you're here and always look forward to welcoming you back. Thanks for your kind words--and your continued patronage.