“Please avoid this Property!”

Polynesian Oceanfront Motel
Ranked #192 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 12 October 2017

We had used Booking.com to make the reservation several months ahead. We did question the charges made to my visa for the first night stay. When we arrived late in the evening we were told that they did not have our reservation. We gave them the confirmation number and advised of the original charge made to our visa. They still said that we did not have the reservation. Tired from the travel we agreed to pay for that night and work on the problem with booking.com the next day. We were given the key to the room. We could not find the room and when we did we were shocked by the condition of the room, corridors. The door had 2 locks on it. The room stunk and was filthy. Door jammed had been kicked in. Room was filthy. We did not even go open from the threshold of the door. GROSS,Skanky. We advised the clerk of the situation. He did not care and would not give us our money back. We checked in across the street at the Quality Inn. We contacted booking.com about the developments. We were given the run around. Finally they assured us that we would get the original deposit back. Well it is 3 months later and several email and phone calls and still no refund.. Please take my advice and avoid this property and Booking.com!

Room Tip: Rooms are filthy and disgusting..Mouldy and smelly, door had been kicked in. AVOID
Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Debbie P

Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

This is the worst place I've ever stayed. Too bad I down loaded reviews I trip advisor when I got here . Room smells awful, paint is peeling no coffee np hair dryer, door falling apart. Parking haha no parking garage only a compact car can get into.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tann71
Reviewed 18 September 2017

Worst hotel ever customer service wow I have never dealt with such RUDE people especially CRYSTAL the reservation supervisor!! Never sent confirmation on room but still charged me so just so you know check all online policies and disclaimers or you will be screwed!!! Booked room for wrong day and then labeled me as a no show! This trip was for my daughters birthday didn't stay here but had to visit here for my money back they said I booked for another day which I know when her birthday is!! They couldn't even find my reservation because the person that booked the room did not only put the wrong date but also the wrong name HUTUZE is not my name but and they give you the run around but don't want to fix problem. Maybe CRYSTAL is pocketing some of the money she wrongly charges!! NEVER attempt to take your family here!!!

Room Tip: Never go here!!
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank roxii r
Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

The service is great. Lady at the reception is super nice and helpful. Hotel room is big and descent, but bit oldish. Sofa is worn out. You do have bowls for salad in the kitchen... Yout what you ask for. But it's not too glamorous. Beautiful ocean view a great plus.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 September 2017

If you ever wondered how it is to live in a nasty ghetto stay here. The hallways smell of urine, drunks and shady looking people hanging outside. Then when you get to the room it only smells of smoke, dirty floors, a tv back from the 70's, a stove older than dirt and looks like dirt. You need to carry a weapon when you come downstairs because to top it off the elevators don't work either. If you complain they will tell you it is a smoking otel and that is why it smells like smoke yet they advertise smoke free. They will say they can't do anything about the urine in the hallways and they won't even address the broken elevators or the nasty rooms. It is a real rat hole dump.

Room Tip: view is to the stairwell
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family