“Nice Course”

Arrowhead Country Club
More attraction details
Owner description: 27-hole Golf Complex That Has Earned A Reputation For Its Challenging Layout And Commitment To Service.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Great proshop service. Okay bag drop service. Very good practice facilities included in green fees. Excellent layout. Average course condition (played March 2018) but this may be shaking off the winter coat still. The pace okay, but again it wasn’t the height of the season. Probably not the best course, but definitely not the worst.

All reviews
"green fees"
"golf package"
"driving range"

Reviewed 30 March 2018

Little cold for march but the course was great club house guys were very nice. Starters did a very nice job the course. Was in great shape greens were fast. Played at a nice pace

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

My husband and I frequent this golf course. The course is always in tip top shape no matter what time of year, and the staff is friendly and knowledgeable. It is a must visit while you are visiting Myrtle Beach!

Reviewed 21 March 2018

My folks live in Myrtle Beach and I visit them as often as I can. I have a passion for the game of golf and I love the beach so I am elated this is where they chose to retire. The Grand Strand is the home of golf in the southeast with hundreds and maybe thousands of courses and facilities to choose from. So for the most part if you are a public golf course down there you better be good. This course sits near where my folks live so I figured I would try it out. For the first two days I visited I just used their range and chipping area. Both times I was greeted very coldly and felt as if I was bothering them both times but I blew it off and went to practice. On the third day I tried to get out there soon enough to play nine holes as they told me the day before they don't let anyone out past 4.30. So I arrived at 4 on a gloomy, misty and rainy day but I could see the sun was trying it's hardest to peek through. I paid $34 for 9 holes and again was greeted with zero personality and jeers. They told me to go see the starter. My clubs were still in my car so I walked over and told him I was playing 9. He looked at me with a cigarette in his mouth and said,"no one told me about so I aint got a cart. You sure you want to go out in the rain?"
I said yes and he reluctantly sent for a cart and sent me to my car to get my clubs. When the cart arrived luckily I had extra towels as they didn't wipe the seat nor give me a scorecard. Albeit I went on my way. It lightly rained on me for the first 3.5 holes but then the sky broke and the sun appeared with purples and blues and orange horizons and it was beautiful. When I was on the green on the fourth hole I felt as if I was being stalked. One of the cart guys came up on me and says" you know you can't play anymore when the sun goes down?" In befuddlement I joked, "really? I thought you guys turned the lights on then" it took him a second to process and I told him when I can't see the ball I will come in. He drove off.

As I was hitting my approach on the fifth hole he drives right up on me again. He tells me I need to bring my cart in around 6.15 and waits and watches me finish the hole as he waits to pull the flag. At this time it is around 5.15 and I would have had plenty of time to finish the nine esp after playing through the rain and now having heavenly weather. I pulled the flag on the fifth and handed it to him and he says "yeah, you are the last guy out here." I laughed and told him that is exactly how I feel. " He continued to stalk me on the next hole so I just drove in to the clubhouse upset and was just going to get a raincheck. I pulled up to the same rude cart guy that greeted me before the round and he said I guess you couldn't finished and chuckled. I asked if there was someone in the clubhouse to speak to. He said you can try. All the lights and TV's were on but the doors were locked and no one answered my knock and the rude cart guy disappeared.

It is just too bad that this sort of experience exists in todays day and age and in such a competitive area when it comes to gaining and maintaining your golf business. I tried calling and never got a call back from a manager so here we are now. I would never leave a review like this without exhausting every avenue in a face to face circumstance first but these fellas evaded all attempts. There are so many great facilities in MB to play golf but I would avoid this one at all costs.