All reviewsorange laketime shareacross the streetgas fireplacelagoon poolpar golf courseowner updatelazy riversignature collectionbedroom villafull kitchenscreened in porchbuilding bclose to the airportsales presentationbeach accessmarket commons
Reviewed 5 January 2018 via mobile

We have been owners since 2008 and made several update purchases over the years. We have been to many sales "updates" but usually avoid it due to unrelenting high pressure sales tactics. This year we reluctantly agreed to a 60 minute "update" meeting, mostly to get the $100 food voucher that was offered to be honest. I must say that in hindsight I would have rather paid $100 not to have suffer sales pressure and stress. We had 5 phone calls to confirm and remind us of our appointment. We we're on time but the sales rep was 20 minutes late, then after a solid hour and a half of us saying NO, we are not buying anything, the supervisor comes out and starts the sales games all over again. I have to say that I have never in my life had to deal with such a level of disrespectful treatment. I will never, ever attend another sales "update" they simply won't take no for an answer. I felt as though I was kidnapped. Our vacation was ruined thanks to the sales staff.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
8  Thank RayinGilbert
HIClubCounselor, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations South Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2018

We're so sorry to hear of your disappointing experience at South Beach Resort. It's always our mission to be sure our guests and owners feel at home while they're with us.

Our tour representatives have a passion for what they do, and enjoy helping guests understand the benefits of Club Membership, but we never want that passion to translate into negative pressure. Your feedback is very much appreciated.

We look forward to your next visit, and to restoring your faith in our service. Thanks for sharing your comments.

Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

We stay here all the time! All times of the year. Building J is the newest but there are no bad rooms in the whole resort. Great pools and it’s near everything. Right across from the beach. It’s good for the whole family and it’s even good for couples trying to get away. It’s the only place we stay at Myrtle. And we’ve been going 3x a year for the last 15 year’s.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 December 2017

We stayed at the resort for a week. The Weather was great and their was very few people. We stayed the week before Christmas. There was next to no one around until Dec 23, but we went back home then. They have a shuttle that droops you by the beach.
They have heated pool, exercise room, children slides, and other things.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 December 2017

While this property has excellent accommodations and amenities as well as a family like atmosphere with the staff, it is located across the busy highway that creates a hazard for walking. While the shuttle service is available and the staff are super friendly, it seems to me to not be a good idea to be across from the beach when going to the beach, especially when paying the going rates charged. The sales portion is very high pressure and could easily ruin a vacation or create a huge mistake for the person purchasing. While I was extremely interested in this type of concept, I used my free time to randomly interview those who were owners and the theme or their response was, I wish I had not done it. To be very honest, I had to go all Shark Tank on the sales crew to get away. Example, for this reason and this reason, I am OUT.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank tgibson2306
HIClubCounselor, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations South Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2017

We're glad you enjoyed the spacious accommodations and many amenities at South Beach Resort. It's our goal to be sure our guests are comfortable and have lots of fun things to do.

Our tour representatives have a passion for what they do in helping guests understand the benefits of Club Membership, but we never want that passion to translate into negative pressure. Your feedback is much appreciated, and we hope you'll give us your consideration for a future trip to Myrtle Beach. Thanks for sharing your comments.

Reviewed 9 December 2017

This was my first time to South Beach Resort and Myrtle Beach. We went the first week of December. Though there was not huge crowds on the beach or in the shopping areas I visited, there were still quite a lot of guests at this facility. It was very updated and the grounds were in great condition. Especially compared to a lot of the other resorts nearby. We stayed in a studio which had a good sized fridge, microwave, plates/silverware, sink and a few kitchen utensils, definitely more than I was expecting for accommodations. The pool must have been heated outside, we were able to use the hot tub and jump in the pool without freezing, though we could have used the indoor pool and hot tub just as easily. We declined listening to the sale pitch and it was totally worth it, though they tried multiple times to get us to sign up for it. I am definitely visiting South Beach again and would recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple