1,462 results
All reviews breakers boutique ocean front continental breakfast across the street pool and hot tub yogurt washer and dryer king suite free dvd rentals every morning lounge chairs living room parking garage full kitchen pool area lazy river trip to myrtle beach
Reviewed 27 March 2018

We come back to The Strand every year for the great people and great rooms. From the check in with either Marleen, Simetrice, Jennifer, Mark or Latina your great stay just begins.The hot breakfast made by Robert (which is included in your stay) is fabulous. Gwen also darts around the breakfast room keeping everything full. If you need anything fixed in the room, William, Robert, Fish or Bill will be happy to get that done with a smile. Keeping that big a place neat and in order takes a large crew. Miss Alice, Jodie, Linda, Mary, Gracie and the rest of the ladies do a fabulous job. If you fly in Tony will pick you up and take you back to catch your flight. And the leader of the pack and in charge is Daniel. They all make your stay enjoyable.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
8  Thank Joseph B
Reviewed 20 March 2018

We spent a couple of days here to end our week long stay in Myrtle Beach. We weren't aware of the car show but lucked out as it was only a couple of blocks away. The continental breakfast was perfect and the staff taking care of it were pleasant and took pride in their job. The rooms were great and well stocked. We will return when we're in the area.

Room tip: Stay on the lower levels. They're bigger rooms and the beds are better.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 19 March 2018

The location was fabulous. My original choice of hotel was full so I ended up here. as it turns out, I prefer this location. my room had a ocean view and was clean. I enjoyed some time with others at the bar. This hotel fit the bill and I enjoyed my stay. I will return.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Don M
Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

We literally just pulled into this hotel after looking it up on line and it did not disappoint. We visit Myrtle often and have been to some hotels that were not the cleanest. This resort is clean clean clean!! The hotel itself smelled clean and sanitary ( we have had issues with other hotels with cleanliness). The staff was very friendly and made you feel welcome. Always greeted with a smile! Will be back again for sure

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 March 2018

Great value at $37 per night via HotWire.com, ends up at $46.50 and the $15 resort fee collected actually is $16.95. So the total is really not $37 it's $63.45. It may be a fair price. The free breakfast is fine, same as a Hampton Inn breakfast. When I added a day to my stay, Mark the overnight reception desk, was helpful and able to give it for $68. He wasn't allowed to match the HotWire pricing. It's the nicest lobby or lounge of any Breakers property I've seen. Upper floors are similar to all others, painted concrete block, similar to schools or prisons. Rooms are fine. Bed seems very clean. Institutional carpet is ready for a replacement. Shower has little black mold in cracks and hard to clean spots. It's an average Myrtle hotel.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank DavidNoad
Daniel L, Manager at The Strand a Boutique Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2018

Dear David N.,

First I would like to thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us here at The Strand and while it seems you enjoyed your time with us I would like the chance to speak with you via a phone conversation when you have a free moment. We here at The Strand hope to WOW guest and would like more information from you on how we can win you over as a loyal guest and far surpass your exceptions. I can be reached using the information below and I look forward to speaking with you!

Daniel K. Locklear