“Great vacation”

Ranked #8 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Ontario, Canada
“Great vacation”
Reviewed 17 March 2012

My family stayed here for the March break (5 nights March 11-16, 2012). We had a great vacation, the resort is very clean and the staff are very friendly and willing to help. The only complaint I would give is that the rooms are in need of a refurbishment, (but are clean). The sofa was very worn, most of the furniture was need of updating. The rooms were clean and the housekeeping staff was super. I would definitely go back. The waterpark area was clean and the staff were friendly. The kids had a super time!
Check in was a breeze, not a problem at all.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank HAACAM
A P, Manager at Dunes Village Resort, responded to this review, 28 March 2012
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at Dunes Village. We strive to be known for being "Clean and Friendly" and it is great reinforcement for the staff to be recognized with that success.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,381)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Texas
Reviewed 13 March 2012

Perfect for familes vacationing with children. The rooms are nice and you can see the ocean from your bed when you wake up. There are two hotels on the resort so you get two indoor water parks with 4 water slides, 6 hot tubs, a lot of indoor play pools, basketball, volleyball, and tennis courts, play ground, put golf course, and the staff also plans activities each day and show an outdoor movie on Sunday. You can also cook in your room or visit the two restaurants on the property. Lastly the beach is also nice, there are a mile of houses adjacent to the hotel which reduces the crowd greatly and you can fully enjoy your stretch of the beach.

• Stayed March 2012
5 Thank moore1md
A P, Manager at Dunes Village Resort, responded to this review, 28 March 2012
You have expressed a phrase that we love to hear "Perfect for families". The Resort is a family resort and our activities do focus for fun for all ages. Thank you for letting us now that we have succeeded in exceeding your families expectations and we hope to see you again soon.
Reviewed 9 March 2012

We stayed the weekend of feb 24th. We have stayed here numerous times and we like to go in the winter to let my daughter enjoy the waterpark...but we didn't enjoy it at all! The chlorine was SO strong my daughter started coughing so bad we had to leave. I was in the hot tub and could barely breath myself. I woke the next morning with my lungs burning! We attempted to go back the next day and it happened again! We watched so many kids coughing because of the chlorine. We watch numerous kids almost vomit due to the coughing. I along with another mother whom I didn't know went and complained. They acted like they didn't care! Some maintanence guy came in at some point....he didn't do anything other than tell me and my husband (who were sitting on the edge of the hot tub since we couldn't stand the chlorine smell) that the chemicals weren't right causing the hot tub to have suds in it. He said " this ain't good, it can cause you to have upset stomach"! Great....and crazy thing is....nothing still wasnt done about it! Very disappointed! They were fully aware of the issue and did nothing!

• Stayed February 2012
8 Thank SSB43
A P, Manager at Dunes Village Resort, responded to this review, 28 March 2012
Thank you for your review regarding your experience at Dunes Village. It is rare when we fail to meet expectations and I regret that is the case with you. We have 6 seperate hot tubs and do have procedures that if one gets the chemicals out of balance it is immediately taken out of serivce. I apologize that these procedures apparently were not followed and appreciate your comments so that I may address that.
Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 8 March 2012

The minute you go to the front desk they are waiting on you. Very informative with any questions asked. Don't mind helping out when needed. When you need recommendations of places to go they are very knowledgeable and helpful. I would recommend this place to anyone who wants fun & relaxation.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
7 Thank prussace
A P, Manager at Dunes Village Resort, responded to this review, 28 March 2012
I can never get enough of our guests giving reviews regarding their great stay at Dunes Village and how the staff met and exceeded their expectations. Thank you for your review and we promise to work to make your next stay even better.
Greenville, North Carolina
Reviewed 7 March 2012

My family and I decided to stay at The Dunes after a few recommendations from friends and family and it didn't disappoint. The most inconvenient thing is parking which is across the street in a parking deck and in some chilly weather seems longer of a walk than probably in the summer. Besides that we have a 2 1/2 year old that loved the indoor pools/water attractions. Location is perfect as you are less than 2 miles from anything you could want including a grocery store, which is important if you want to stock up on food/snacks for your stay. We will definitely come back again.

• Stayed March 2012
10 Thank family_man0801
A P, Manager at Dunes Village Resort, responded to this review, 28 March 2012
I'm glad we met your expectations during your trip to Myrtle Beach and Dunes Village Resort. I'm sure your 2 1/2 year old really enjoyed an indoor water park during the winter. I hope she gets to keep coming to visit us for many more years. I'm sure it will be something she will always remember.