6,681 results
All reviews indoor waterpark water park captain's cafe palmetto tower across the street ping pong ocean front queen suite lazy river kids activities angle oceanfront palms building shuffle board parking garage washer and dryer family vacation full kitchen
Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

The Dunes Village was excellent from check-in to check-out! I would highly recommend breakfast in the Admiral’s Room. The buffet was fantastic! Our son really enjoyed the water parks (his parents did, too). Everything was really clean and it was obvious that attention was paid to details. EVERY employee was very courteous. That is greatly appreciated. The parking garage is a bit of a walk from the Palms Tower, but parking was never a problem. For that reason, I will consider this a non-issue. We are 110% satisfied and will not bother to look anywhere else for our next MB vacation. The Dunes Village absolutely earned our business! Well done, folks!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Taylor R, Manager at Dunes Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Dear Eric,

Thank you for recommending our resort to others! This means so much to us and we love hearing reviews like this! We hope this means we get to have your back as our guests again in the future! We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

This review is from Rachel C.
That tells our experience perfectly plus added my own thoughts.

Pros-
Water park
Even though no lifeguards on duty staff was always there to make sure rules were being followed.free towels.. Don't pack ur own.
Open even during storms unless a weather advisory is in place.
Amazing view from oceanfront balcony
Secure parking(across the street)
Breakfast room crowded.. Food is good (mom/dad +2 kids= $30)

Cons-

Smelled pot the last two days. Music till 9pm in the pool area.
Room needs updated(uncomfortable furniture in my opinion) pullout bed sofa very uncomfortable for kids.. Toilet leaking.. Tv was not working..
Sheets had stains.

Warning.
People in the lobby that are trying to get you to buy discounted tickets are misleading. You will be there past the time they say. Mine was aprox. 3 to 4 hours when they said it was no more then 2. They are selling timeshares. The people I got weren't extremely pushy and the hotel we had to see to get our discounted tickets was absolutely beautiful. My family did get the discounted tickets which ended up being in a crappy corner section...which I should have expected. It annoys me that people bug people about this stuff when people are on their vacation.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Taylor R, Manager at Dunes Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2018

Dear Rachel,

Thank you for taking the time to give everyone a review about your experience at Dunes Village Resort. I'm so glad to see so many pros on your review, but very sorry that there were any cons. If you ever have issues with noise or smoke please notify us right away and we will be glad to address them right away. We work on upgrades every year and I hope that next time you come back and visit with us you will be able to enjoy these. We hope to see you again soon,

Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

What a great 8 day vacation. Staff was friendly and accommodations were superb. It was awesome having laundry machine in the room and the kitchen in the room cut costs with eating out. Be careful with your room key and do not place it next to your phone because you will need to get it rekeyed..parking garage is across the street and easy walk. There was an interesting layout with the towers and the only way to get from each tower is to walk outside..2 water parks were clean and kids loved the lazy river and slides..I wish there was an easier way to go between the waterpark rather then crossing the street...beach was nice but chairs and umbrella cost 35 bucks..lucky we brought our own, but had to not place it in front of rental umbrella. Only umbrellas are permitted for shade...the biggest bummer was we left early morning and my son left his garmin fit jr on the night stand and when we called it couldn't be found and I remember seeing it the night before so make sure you keep your belongs secure when leaving the room.

2  Thank Dave K
Taylor R, Manager at Dunes Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Dear Dave,

I'm so glad you had such a great 8 day vacation with us at Dunes Village Resort! I checked with our housekeeping department again today to see if anything was turned in fitting your description since your wife spoke with our lost and found department and unfortunately we do not have anything. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on your vacation and I hope that we get to see you again soon.

Reviewed 20 June 2018

My friends and I stayed for a week, and we enjoyed this hotel. The view of the beach from the balcony was perfect. The staff was very helpful and kind. Check in was fast, even though they were busy. It's a great hotel for families, as they have indoor/outdoor pools with slides, and games for the children to play. There's a small bar outside for the adults. The hotel has a restaurant, wasn't too bad for a quick bite. The only negative I would say is that a couple of times we had to hunt housekeeping down for towels as they were low in stock. I would recommend this to people and would stay again on my next trip.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Angela,

Thank you for recommending us as a great place to stay while in Myrtle Beach! I'm sorry to hear that you had slight troubles with housekeeping and will review this with my team so we can strive to make sure issues like this don't reoccur. Please do come back and stay with us again next time you are in town!

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

The main thing I would like to preface, is that our party had a total of 5 kids; 2 toddlers and 3 kids between 7 to 10 years old. The make up of our party was perfect for the resort.

Friendly staff and great accommodations. The proximity to the beach was perfect, and the area never got too crowded. The indoor water park was a life-saver; especially for the days that we got rained out and couldn’t go to the beach.

If you are traveling as a couple, or a group of adults; it might be best to look at a location closer to the downtown boardwalk. But, there were a lot of places to go out within walking distance of the Dunes on US 17.

2  Thank Ben H

Dear Ben,

We strive to be the most family friendly resort on the beach and we are so glad to hear that you found Dunes Village to be a great fit for your family! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others and we will see you again next time.

Kindest Regards,