I've been coming to Myrtle Beach on business twice a year for the past 14 years, and just found this property. I've stayed at many of the Choice Hotel properties between the airport, and the convention center, as my company has a special rate plan with Choice Hotels, and the Clarion is flat out, the nicest, cleanest, and best value I've found. Over the past 12 years, I've stayed roughly 140-160 nights a year at Choice Hotels, and this property is truly in their top 10%. If I ever come here with my family, this is where we will stay. Go to their web site, and check out the pics. The hotel is off the beaten path just a little, but it's quiet. The staff is first class, I was a little nervous upon landing at the airport and calling the hotel for the shuttle, and learning they didn't have a driver to come pick me up, but the girl at the front desk told me to grab a cab, "There Were Plenty Waiting" and they would pay the fare once I got to the hotel, which they did. It actually worked out better, as I didn't have to wait for a ride! The hotel has 2 pools, and a great little bar with light food. The beer was ICE COLD! My room was fairly large, didn't have a flat screen, I don't watch much TV so I didn't really care, but it did have the upscale bedding, and thick comfortable mattress you normally find at the higher end hotels. The room had a large desk for business travelers, and at least on the 3rd floor, a very strong and fast internet connection. One other nice benefit, is directly next door to the hotel "2 min Walk" is the Boat Dock, a VERY popular restaurant/bar. I ate lunch there twice, and dinner once, and the food was great. It's a locals hang out, and I'm told during the summer, on Sunday nights it's the place to be.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to our hotel, Clarion Hotel and Conference Center, located directly on the Intracoastal Waterway in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, just minutes from the sandy beaches of the Grand Strand! A place where visitors return time and time again to enjoy more than sixty miles of sunny, sandy beaches. Visitors enjoy golfing on championship courses, gourmet restaurants, exciting nightlife, retail and outlet shopping, and much more. Myrtle Beach, South Carolina embraces fun for everyone, offering key attractions like Broadway at the Beach, Ripley's Aquarium, Brookgreen Gardens, Huntington Beach State Park, Barefoot Landing, House of Blues, Alligator Adventure, La Belle Amie Vineyards, miniature golf, and amusement parks. The hotel is just minutes from great shopping at the Coastal Grand Mall, Tanger Outlets and the New Market Commons. While visiting, check out our huge line up of family dining and entertainment...Pirates Voyage, Medieval Times, the Palace Theater, Alabama Theater, Carolina Opry, Legends in Concert, IMAX 3D Theater, Planet Hollywood, Margaritaville, Rioz Brazilian Steakhouse, and many, many more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly and Booking.com so you can book your Clarion Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clarion Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Clarion Hotel And Conference Center
- Holiday Inn Myrtle Beach
- Myrtle Beach Holiday Inn