“Best Hampton Inn”

Hampton Inn Charleston North
Ranked #14 of 58 Hotels in North Charleston
Reviewed 15 August 2017

Loved this Hampton Inn. I wish they were all like this:) The hotel was immaculate and the staff was so helpful. Best breakfast I have had at a Hampton Inn and we stay in this hotel chain at least once a month.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Pavi C, General Manager at Hampton Inn Charleston North, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for your excellent review. We are pleased you enjoyed the friendly service from the staff. Thank you for sharing your experience with us, as it is essential in our quest for constant improvement. Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Charleston North

Reviewed 14 August 2017

Very clean rooms & bedding! Very helpful and courteous staff, always cheerful! Awesome coffee and delicious breakfast with something for everyone! Happy to have found this hotel! It has nice amenities such as the pool and fitness center. It is close to Charleston, however, by being about 10 miles out of downtown, we saved quite a bit!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for your kind review and your loyalty to our brand. We are delighted to hear that out staff and rooms have met your expectations. We truly enjoy having you stay with us and we look forward to the next opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed 11 August 2017

I recently travelled to Charleston for what would be my first visit to South Carolina. The hotel that I had previously booked my reservations with turned out to be atrocious and I was forced to seek lodging at about 3a.m. I was unfamiliar with the area and was thankful to find that there were several hotels in a small area. I drove to each hoping to find accommodations for myself and my special-needs adult child. I shared my circumstances with "Keisha" at the front desk and she immediately took it upon herself to find a room for us. She offered quick, professional, friendly service and went beyond her expected duties by expressing empathy for our desperate situation. My daughter and I had been travelling for over 24 hours already and were exhausted and desperate to get some rest. The room was clean, modern and provided a great opportunity to rest. Unfortunately, we were awakened several hours later by the sound of drilling and banging in the room beneath us. When I called the front desk, they informed me that there was construction going on in the room below. I was so exhausted that I decided not to request to be transferred to another room. This scenario repeated itself for several of the days that we stayed there, but I did not complain as all else was excellent.

My daughter and I stayed at the hotel for exactly one week and we were extremely pleased with the service and amenities that the hotel provided. The front desk staff referred to me by my name and, that in itself, brought up the ratings in my opinion.

Rhonda, the very lovely staff member who works preparing the breakfast area, was always around to ask how she could make our breakfast experience better. Truthfully, I believe that she, Keisha, and Stephanie are the hotel's silent reasons for success. Each of these ladies provided amazing service beyond what any customer could expect to receive. Truly professionals in what they do, they keep that hotel at the top of the list for customer service.

If I have to be fair, I will have to include the one DISGUSTING part of our stay. Several days after being in the room, we discovered a dead cockroach on the window sill. The cleaning staff was in the area and I was able to get one of them to remove it. Although I would normally immediately leave the premises of any pest-infested location, I have to admit that I did not previously or since see any live pest of any sort. I mentioned the situation to the GM and she volunteered to adjust my final bill for the inconvenience. I received a $75.00 discount for which I was grateful for, but I have since learned from talking to friends/family that I should have received a better adjustment to my bill.

But for the unfortunate find, I would have given this hotel a 5-star as I truly believe that it very much deserved it.

Room Tip: Beautiful hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank LIZAIDAC860

Reviewed 9 August 2017

My family checked into this beautiful hotel and the staff was very friendly and helpful. Large lobby area and great breakfast in the morning. Close to down town area and easy travel. Will return to this property.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Pavi C, General Manager at Hampton Inn Charleston North, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2017

We are so pleased you enjoyed your time with us. It is wonderful to hear that you found the staff to be friendly and helpful. We also appreciate the kind recommendation and look forward to your next stay with us. Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn Charleston North.

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

I stayed last weekend. My family and I was here for a short get away. This Hampton is far more spacious and attractive than any other I have been too, although the rooms are very out dated. Thank goodness construction has been started. The staff there was so friendly and welcoming throughout our entire stay from the front desk to housekeeping. The only thing that was disturbing was when my son bought to my attention as we were walking towards our car that there was a grey cat sitting on it. My husband is allergic to cats so of course he freaked out. The cat quickly jumped off and there weren't any scratches so we never said anything, but once we returned to the hotel late afternoon we noticed someone feeding the cats and covering the bowls with an umbrella, I guess to protect it from the rain. We looked a little closer and noticed bedding in the bushes. Now I understand the animals need food, love and attention BUT THAT is done in poor taste. The placement needs to be away from the guests cars and out of sight.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Amy F
Pavi C, General Manager at Hampton Inn Charleston North, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2017

Thank you so much for staying at the Hampton Inn Charleston. Please contact the hotel at 843 820 2030 I would very much like to talk to you about your experience.