All reviewsm clubrenovated hotelhurricane proofthe concierge loungeclothing storageopening nightattractive lobbylifetime platinumgrowing painsjunior suitefive star reviewfront deskbathroom lightingmobile approoms are moderncomplimentary waternight light
Reviewed 30 March 2018

We had a great experience during our 3 day, 2 night stay. We enjoyed staying here, as the rooms were clean and newly updated. The beds and pillows just cannot be outdone...making the stay more enjoyable and comfortable for rest and relaxation after a busy day. The amenities and location were great, and the staff was pleasant, as well. We had several meals and cocktails while there and All was fresh and tasty. It was unfortunate we were unable to stay in a king size bed, which is on our profile as a Gold member, however, these things happen rarely. It's how the agent/rep explains and listens, etc. Our agent was very apologetic an offered something in exchange for our disappointment. Although, we didn't take advantage of her offer, it was the idea that she understood and cared about our level of customer satisfaction. Well done.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank RENACRES
TeamMarriott, General Manager at North Charleston Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2018

Dear RENACRES,

As a member of Marriott Rewards, we appreciate your loyalty to our brands, and we are so glad we could welcome you to the North Charleston Marriott. We are glad to know you had an amazing stay with us and loved our well-maintained facility, along with our convenient location. We appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 19 March 2018

I was in town for business and normally would stay downtown, but I needed to be in this area in the morning. This hotel was previously a Sheraton, but now is Marriott. I'm not sure when they did the remodel, but this hotel is beautiful! Very modern vibe from lobby, to outside areas and the room. The room itself is very comfortable with plenty of work space and great light. The bathroom lighting was great!
My only issue was a ticking noise from the air conditioner that was constant every 3 minutes. So my vision of a great nights sleep didn't happen. The bed was great, the room temp was good, no outside noises, just the ticking. I mentioned it on checking out so hopefully the next person in #737 won't be kept awake. Other than that this stay was very good.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
TeamMarriott, General Manager at North Charleston Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2018

Dear 410berry,

Thank you for your review of North Charleston Marriott! We are thrilled to know you loved our property and enjoyed with us. We value your feedback in regard to the A.C unit and have shared with my engineering team. We hope to have the opportunity of making your next stay perfect in every respect.

Reviewed 15 March 2018

The Main Level of the hotel was Marriott was nice as the name represents. I found my room to be minimal furnished with pills on the floor, and little black curly hairs in my tub. It was apparent, my room had not been cleaned! The wall tile behind the bed had serious water damage to it! Just a nasty feeling all the way around! I had to clean someone else's hairs out of the bath so I could shower for work. When I addressed it to the manager, he offered to give me access to the 'top level'. I asked him if he thought that would make me want to clean someone else's pubic hairs. It was not resolved at that point. When I went to check out after my two night stay, I found he had 'awarded' me points. NO. NO NO. This is the Marriott, not Hotel 8.... Management acts as if. Finally, after I got really mad...they gave me a free night.
Management is in need of serious skills by unless he wants to work at Motel 8.

Room Tip: Go in and check your room!
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank MistyMtEstrelas
TeamMarriott, Manager at North Charleston Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2018

Dear MistyMtEstrelas,
We would like to take this opportunity to apologize that your experience did not meet your expectations in several ways. The issues you have reported are very out of character for us and we will be certain to share your comments with our housekeeping and maintenance departments. Everything we do is aimed at providing guests with an excellent hotel experience and we hope we can prove that to you on a future stay.

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

Marriott clearly is investing in each of their properties to make them as modern as possible and this business traveler truly appreciates it. This hotel has everything you could possibly need to make your stay as pleasant as possible. Bathrooms are well equipped with a walk-in shower, the bed was comfortable and the gym is spacious. There is also a large bar area plus restaurant so you don’t have to leave for anything.

The only thing that sticks out in my mind as a slight complaint (and it’s minor) is that the scent that is pumped into the air (in the common spaces) was just a tad overpowering. It’s nice to have that scent when you walk into the lobby, and more and more hotels are doing so these days, so I’m used to it but if anyone in management reads this review, it just needs to be about 20% less powerful.

If business brought me back to N. Charleston area again, I’d definitely stay here. It’s a quick drive to downtown but also really close to the airport.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
TeamMarriott, General Manager at North Charleston Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

Dear JKCrumpler,

Thank you for the fantastic review of North Charleston Marriott. It is a pleasure to know you had a wonderful stay with us and enjoyed all the aspects of our hotel. We have also taken the note of your review and have shared it with our management team to make the necessary changes. Reviews such as yours mean a lot. Thanks again, and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

In town on a business trip and was thoroughly impressed with this hotel. Check-in was quick and an explanation of the amenities was great, since it was first time in the area. Rooms are modern in look and feel and I thoroughly appreciated it since, it seemed like you were staying in a brand new hotel. Hotel staff was welcoming and inviting. If I could have stayed longer, I would have. I would definitely recommend staying at this hotel if you ever visit the Charleston area.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
TeamMarriott, General Manager at North Charleston Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2018

Dear sheenam429,

Thank you for staying at our renovated and "reimagined" North Charleston Marriott while here for your business purposes. We are glad to know you were impressed with the attentive service provided by our associates and had an exceptional time with us. Your recommendation is truly appreciated, and we look forward to your next trip soon.