Quality Inn Coliseum
US$169
US$156
US$149
Hyatt.com
All reviewswithin walking distancebed was comfortableextended staystaff was very friendlywafflesscbathtub
Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

The location is great just about 15 mins to downtown. Other than that, there is nothing going positive for this. Since most hotels were sold out for total solar eclipse I ended up staying here. There is water leakage everywhere around the hotel. The surroundings were just too dirty. There was not much of a breakfast. Who runs out of banana by 8am? Some of the staff were nice and others not so. I would never stay in another choice hotel going forward.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Selvichrista
Reviewed 22 August 2017

First of all, They gave us a non working telephone. We found that out when we tried to called for a wake up call. The tv remote had the batteries upside down. When I asked for a standalone computer to print out our boarding passes, the front desk agent literally yelled at me (like how dare I ask) and then told me that some of the telephones in the rooms are non operable and we just had to deal with it. I wanted to check out right then and there, but my husband wanted to stay until the 11am checkout time. After I told housekeeping that we were still in the room (she was nice), Some guy banged on the door and told us that we had to get out (it was 10:50). Being in the hospitality profession, I was appalled at the extreme rudeness and dishonesty of the staff. That being said, the 1 star was for the comfortable bed. Any motel I ever stayed at, no matter how small, always had a standalone computer for printing boarding passes. Also, they sold drinks for $1, but did not have any diet. My only regret is that I should have stayed at the Motel 6 for more money. Money was not an issue, but it was impossible to get a reservation during the eclipse eve.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a working telephone (don't assume anything) they lie. Stay somewhere else if at all possible.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank sungardenNaples
Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

I was looking for a place for my girlfriend and I to spend the night while she was in town. The location is great. It's not hard to find and there's a Walmart, Sam's, and a lot of restaurants in the area. If you're hungry or need to pick of something you might've forgot you won't have to travel far from the hotel. The beds are comfortable and the room was nice and cool when we checked in. I have three issues with the hotel. First, the hotel said on the website where I made my reservation said no locals within 30 miles of the hotel. I called to check on that because I'm about 40 miles away and wanted to see if that would be an issue. The guy on the phone said that they don't make reservations for people within 50 miles. I had to quickly call my girlfriend and have her switch information out with me or I would've lost the reservation. If that's the case jus make the corrections on your website. Secondly, there were spider webs in our room (123) and later that night while I was in the bathroom I killed a spider that decided to invite himself in (thought he could crash our stay). Have cleaning go back and sweep the ceilings in the rooms and the bathroom. Finally was the wifi. The signal would always vary. Sometimes it was good sometimes it would run slow. It might've been cause of where our room was located. I'm not sure. But we really did enjoy our stay. They staff are nice and friendly and I would recommend this hotel to anyone who may be headed to Charleston, SC.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paul D
Reviewed 1 June 2017 via mobile

We stumbled upon this place after leaving a terrible hotel. The staff was very friendly, the grounds were clean, the room was a smoking room (which we asked for) it didn't smell of smoke. The bed was comfortable and the shower was more than great! Such a nice place!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 May 2017

This place is garbage. My family and i were driving from Nashville, TN and got in around 1 o'clock in the morning. The place was locked up so we rang the bell, the woman who answered the call was rude and stayed on her phone the entire time we were speaking with her. She asked for our ID and walked away to make us a key. The key took 25 minutes to make with no apology and probably would have not take so long if she had put her phone down. we finally got to our room that was clammy and gross. It was so gross, but it was 1 o'clock in the morning and with a tired kid and husband that had to get up the next morning for a job interview, we wrapped ourselves in the blankets we brought and slept on top of the covers and went to sleep. The air conditioner made noises and the toilet ran all night. We woke up the next morning and I immediately went to the front desk. The front desk manager, Jah Marshall was on the phone and asked me what i needed in between breaths on the phone, I informed her that i needed to have an actual discussion. Once she finally got off the phone, i told her i found something black on the towel, that the toilet ran all night and the a/c made noises all night. She immediately got defensive and said they have maintenance there to fix all that stuff and that she would replace the towel. I informed her that it was 1 o'clock in the morning when we got there and how am i supposed to be ok with another towel that could be potentially just as gross. She became more defensive and told me she could get a brand new towel. I told her i was not trying to be a pain and told her that all i wanted was a refund and that we were leaving because no one should have to stay in that hotel. We checked out and went to find a new hotel. My husband has been in contact with Jah and she has absolutely REFUSED to refund our money for the night we stayed there. it's $80 and Jah has been so unkind to myself and my husband. This is no way to treat someone especially her being in the hospitality industry. Jah Marshall, from Quality Inn Coliseum should be let go from her position. She was rude, mean and hateful to my family, she should be ashamed to call herself a manager. Do not stay at the hotel!! Terrible experience!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family