Avista Resort
Quality Inn & Suites(North Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$140
QualityInn
Towers at North Myrtle Beach(North Myrtle Beach)
US$260
US$236
US$229
Hampton.com
US$389
Vacatia.com
Bay Watch Resort & Conference Center(North Myrtle Beach)
US$307
US$224
US$217
Travelocity
The Prince Resort(North Myrtle Beach)
US$298
Orbitz.com
Beach Cove Resort(North Myrtle Beach)
US$286
US$258
Seaside(North Myrtle Beach)
US$447
Travelocity
La Dolce Vita Villas(North Myrtle Beach)
US$240
2,447 results
All reviewsacross the streetwasher dryer combopool areaocean frontparking garagemurphy bedlazy riverthe kitchennorth towerliving roomgreat resortbedroom oceanfrontmain strecommend this resortnorth myrtlethree bedroomfamily vacation
Reviewed 3 May 2017 via mobile

The best place to stay in N Myrtle Beach, SC. The Avista is our choice anytime we're looking for great accommodations. Their restaurant - Just Off Main - has an excellent menu and daily specials. The Tree Top Lounge is a wonderful venue for music. It's bar is extensive and you can order food from the restaurant and it's delivered. The staff is wonderful and very friendly. It's atmosphere is art deco.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank coastalpj
JimEg, General Manager at Avista Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2017

We could not agree more! So glad to see you had a really wonderful stay and enjoyed all the Avista had to offer and I am sure NMB too! If we do not see you back soon I expect you will make it to the Fall SOS migration. I truly am please to see you noticed our hard working staff as well and I look forward to passing along your compliments.

Reviewed 3 May 2017

Avista is a great location and the rooms are nice, so close to all the SOS activities. The desk staff was second to none. They never got frazzled and were patient, friendly and good humored with people who weren't always in the best humor. I watched them diffuse a less than patient person checking in and he went off laughing. Every time we were at the desk, we found the same to be true. It's obvious they have excellent training and appeared to love what they do. We enjoyed being on a lower floor looking out to the pool, listening to the DJ and all the fun at the pool. Pool chairs were nice too - and being able to use hotel towels at the pool and dropping them off when done was very nice - just like being on a cruise. Loved having housekeeping available daily (not available at every facility). We will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Debo C

Thank you so much for noticing how hard our staff work and they great job they do. I will certainly pass along your comments and I know it will make their week, thank you! We are glad to see you enjoyed your time here and look forward to have you here again as our guest soon.

Reviewed 30 April 2017

I am confined to a wheelchair and must be transported into and out of a car.
I contacted Avista in June of 2016. I asked the representative if Avista had a room that was handicapped equipped. I specifically asked for a room with a roll in shower and grab bars. I was told that such a room was available. I made a reservation for late August 2016. To make sure that my reservation was indeed for a handicapped equipped room, I called Avista around the middle of August to confirm those arrangements. I was told that the room reservation I had was handicapped equipped.
Upon arriving at the Avista and checking in, I discovered that the room had no handicapped facilities. All it had was a roll in shower with a ledge that had to be climbed over to get my chair inside. The shower head was fixed on the wall and could not be adjusted to fit the needs of someone sitting in a wheelchair. There were no grab bars around the commode which was just a few feet off the floor. I asked for a raised toilet seat which Avista did not have.
What handicapped parking spaces that were available were first come first serve and were not wide enough to accommodate opening a car door to allow someone to be transported out into a wheelchair. My caretaker was forced to pull up in front of the Avista, unload me, push me into the lobby where I waited for him to move the car across the street into the parking garage . This often took some time to accomplish.
The Avista should equip at least 2 rooms with the necessary handicapped equipment and reserve them for clients who request such a room. Handicapped parking should be assigned and the spaces need to be wider.
The room itself was wide enough for me to maneuver my chair.
I would like to return to the Avista but cannot due to its lack of handicapped facilities.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank mmcgrady2017
JimEg, General Manager at Avista Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2017

I am not sure how to respond to a year old review but I am sorry you had the issues you do but as you are aware we are a condo-tel and not a Hotel. That means the units are all individuality owned so what they add to their own personal unit is up to the owners. Now we try to run it as a hotel and have every handicapped portable device we can find and have plenty of toilet seat handrails either on the extend-a-seat or a free standing model and I would certainly go buy one if a guest requested one and we did not have it, that is how we ended up with so many:) I also understand your concern with having more handicapped spaces but under the building is all temporary parking to register or load and unload and is not intended for long term parking, nor will we ever have enough space for everyone, but we try to work with every guests and accommodate as many as we can.

Reviewed 28 April 2017

Our room had everything we needed for our mini vacation. The kitchen was great for preparing breakfast and lunch each day. The first night, we drove 20 minutes to Calabash for delicious seafood. The 2nd night, we found a wonderful Italian restaurant just 10 minutes away. The resort was very clean and well maintained. We had no problems during our 3 night stay. One perk we enjoyed was free DVDs available 24/7. We were surprised at how wide and clean the beaches were. We had plenty of space without feeling crowded. All the staff were very helpful. We would definitely return to this resort.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lmidd604
JimEg, General Manager at Avista Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2017

Well it looks like you got out and about and enjoyed some of the wonderful local restaurants. This is always my favorite part of vacations!. Thank you for the very positive review and we look forward to you coming back again real soon. I will also pass along to housekeeping your comments on their efforts. We also think they do a marvelous job.

Reviewed 28 April 2017 via mobile

Awesome experience from booking to check-out. The entire staff went the extra mile to make sure we had everything we needed. Extremely kid friendly as well as accommodating to adult pleasantries. Conveniently located to all the beach has to offer. Beautiful property and did I mention how friendly the staff was? Can't wait to visit again. 5 stars all the way. We felt like we were their only guests.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank adcdfg
JimEg, Owner at Avista Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2017

So very nice to see your review and we appreciate you visiting with us. I especially appreciated the comment about our staff, thank you. We hope you and your family make it back soon. You can never have too many vacations!