We just stayed 6 nights at this hotel for the first time ever at Myrtle beach. From our experience we would pass on staying at this hotel a second time. I've stayed at nicer hotels for less. There are a few updates that could be done to make this hotel a better stay. CONS that we experienced were :
TV's were small and no HD. There were no USB ports in our room to plug in our devices.
Decor was a bit dated I'm talking about the furniture and fixtures in our room.
there was brown dirt/ dust spots on the white ceilings along the walls edge.
A shelf on our bathroom cabinet was broken in our room along with the spa tub didn't work either. The cover for the bathroom fan was broke and hanging down. The light above our kitchen table was burned out I brought it to the attention of the staff who asked how about say was going "twice" but nobody came to change it. A smoke or heat detector in our Kitchenette was hanging loose off it's mounting bass from the ceiling a bit. Looks like they did some work or replacement of the unit and couldn't get all the wires shoved back in far enough to remount it correctly.
Housekeeping services could of been better. We did get clean towels and supplies daily but they only ran the vacuum in our room once in six day stay. Bed Pillows were not good woke up with a stiff neck every morning. Also the bathroom towels were like drying off with sandpaper.
PROS: the ocean view was great from our balcony the pool areas were clean, small but adequate. The Avista staff we interacted with were nice folks. The Parking garage is nice to keep your ride out of the blazing sun but be warned it's a tight fit if your driving a SUV or truck. You will find yourself backing up at corners or pulling ahead and then backing up to let another car pass before you can make the turn to the floor above. SLOW DOWN and use the hanging mirrors provided and you will be fine I did it with a 4 door full-size pickup.
TIP back into the parking stalls it's easier to pull out then back out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of North Myrtle Beach's newest oceanfront condominium resorts. Extraordinary features and architectural beauty combine to offer visitors the ultimate vacation experience. A condo to suit your every need and provide the finest experience possible; this is what differentiates between an average resort and the Avista Resort. As one of the first guests to have the opportunity to enjoy the experience of our new resort it will be our pleasure to serve you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Expedia so you can book your Avista Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Avista Myrtle Beach
- Avista Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Avista North Myrtle Beach
- Avista Hotel n Myrtle Beach