All reviews cart path green fees pro shop in great shape marsh tees fairways condition courses golf pace rounds community accommodations microwave sc
Reviewed 12 July 2017

Booked online and when we got to Pawleys Plantation we were told we had to check in at Litchfield Golf and Country Club. This was not mentioned at all anywhere. After going to Litchfield Beach and waiting about 30 minutes to be given keys, we arrived at the tiny, nasty room in a building in a residential section. There were no cups for drinks, a coffee maker but no cups for that either. I can't believe Pawleys Plantation Golf and Country Club would even rent anything this bad or have their name associated with such a shoddy operation. We have been visiting Pawleys Island every year for 30 years and have never had such a bad experience. We had rented a condo at Pawleys Pier for the week were not able to check in until Saturday and we arrived on Friday. We'll never do that again unless we can get a nice room at the Hampton Inn.

Room Tip: Don't even think about booking a room at Pawleys Plantation. Total disappointmentt.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

This is ok if your golfing but its too far from the beach for me to stay here on a beach vacation. The neighborhood is nice though. 24 hr gated community and very secluded. It felt like a neighborhood not the beach. The pool was great. Huge and clean. I appreciate that there is a key that you have to have to get in. Its Very quiet. We had problems with bugs in our condo. "Palmentto bugs" that the owner says are not cockroaches but i looked this up and it says palmentto bug is a nickname for American cockroaches. The owners say its a sc problem. (Implying that its not preventable) Now I only went in this 1 condo so I can only speak for that particular one but the whole grounds had major issues with misquotes. If they don't already they should do a community mosquito spray. To try and cut down misquotes. We were being attacked as soon as we walked out of the door or got out of the car and at the pool. I don't play golf but my husband said it was an ok golf course and he would play it.
All in all I think its a very quiet secluded development away from all the hustle and bustle suited for playing golf.

Stayed: July 2017
Reviewed 26 June 2017

Very disappointing unit that I stayed in. Not clean, floors weren't vacuumed. Dirty laundry in bathroom floor. Had to wait 30 minutes to get my keys when checking in with the management company. Was told the unit had to be inspected after being cleaned to make sure it met the standards of the management company. Not sure what that was all about!! The icemaker for the fridge did not work so had to go out and purchase ice to cold drinks. No satisfaction from the management company as I was told I would receive a phone call and have not to date.

Informed the front desk manager I would never stay at this property again. Very disappointing for the amount of money I paid for this unit.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 June 2017

Although this was advertised as a hotel (186 rooms, etc), it really is a gated golf community with privately owned houses/units that are rented. The Standard Room we booked turned out to be a separately locked bedroom with bath belonging to 2 bedroom condo in a 4-apartment building. It was dark, not very clean (especially considering the room cleaning charge) and ill-equipped (no cups, coffee, tissues). A coffee maker was supplied, but unless you had filters, coffee and cups, this was not helpful.
Check-in was several miles away at Litchfield Golf & Country Club. Information on the actual property was lacking (is there really a restaurant and if so, what hours? Or a fitness room?). A key for the pool was not supplied, but necessary to use. And what exactly is the resort fee for? The room is not maintained (no trash removal, no new towels or made beds). Potentially we could have washed the towels ourselves, if we would have found the advertised washer and dryer. It took two days to get the trash and laundry bags removed from the front porch that greeted us when we first arrived. 2 1/2 days after arrival we finally got the TV working (after many calls to the not so friendly "front desk".
The location is nice, if you want to get away from it all. If you bring your own chairs you can watch the golfers on the course, or you can walk the community. The beach, shops and restaurants are quite far away.
Some of the units are probably a lot nicer, but service seems to be lacking all around. For the price (charge per night + daily resort fee + cleaning fee), you could and should expect a much nicer room.

Room Tip: Unless you can get pictures of the exact unit you will get, there is no way to choose a good room.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2017 via mobile

The room we were given was dark and small. The air conditioner kept the room cool, but was extremely noisy. There was a coffee maker in the room, but no cups (or glasses) in the room and no coffee. The nearby pool required a key to access which we were not given. There is no beach access. The only place we could find that served food is not open each morning for breakfast. The location is not within walking distance of any restaurants. The room appeared clean, but housekeeping did not come during our 2 night stay.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends