All reviews usb charging ports front desk two stories parking lot was well lit fast food restaurants bagels updated rooms nice room budget hotel sink faucet charlotte nc free wifi quiet area stay there again queen bed beds were comfortable very nice stay
Reviewed 10 November 2018

This is not the first time I've stayed at this particular Howard Johnson hotel in Rock Hill, SC but it was the best experience there so far. I have even stayed in this very room before, ironically. But not only has the room been renovated, but the staff on duty reflected a very high level of efficiency and professionalism. "Danny" on desk duty even called my room shortly after check-in to ensure that everything met my expectations. It did, and more so. I look forward to staying here on my next trip through Rock Hill SC.

Room tip: This Howard Johnson Inn has better accommodations than the hotels around it. I know. I've tried most of them.
Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
hojorockhill, Guest Relations Manager at Howard Johnson by Wyndham Rock Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2018

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Howard Johnson by Wyndham Rock Hill. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I am particularly pleased that you liked our newly renovated room. All our staff maintain a very high level of Customer service and are glad to be acknowledged by you. I will share your comments with our team, who I am certain will be encouraged by your remarks. Here at Howard Johnson, we continuously strive to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 3 November 2018

Checkin was easy, front desk staff were very pleasant and efficient. The room was just remodeled and very well done, modern with USB ports and ample electrical outlets very clean and comfortable. Breakfast was goog and you are really close to the ramp to the highway. Great stay.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
hojorockhill, Guest Relations Manager at Howard Johnson by Wyndham Rock Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2018

Dear Guest,
Thank You for taking the time to provide your valuable feedback. My staff joins me in thanking you for your positive comments. I am very happy to know that you liked our remodeled room and our ample USB ports and electrical outlets met your needs. I hope to see you again on your next trip through Rock Hill, SC.

Reviewed 3 November 2018

My husband and I will certainly return again next year. We phoned to book along the highway to book for that night, The price was very affordable and the room was so clean, bright, and comfortable. Continental breakfast was a nice touch.

Room tip: Very comfortable
Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank You for providing us with your valuable feedback. I am very happy to know that your found our room clean, comfortable and affordable. I will be sure to share your feedback with my entire staff. Please come back and stay with us again so we can provide you with superior services and clean accomodation.

Reviewed 20 October 2018

En route to our vacation spot, my family and I stopped at the Howard Johnson in Rock Hill to break up our trip. We had stayed here in 2014 and 2015 and found it to be a good, basic overnight motel. So, we went with a place that we knew was good and booked it again for our most recent vacation trip.

This is a small, basic facility, two stories with exterior corridors. Most of the other lodgings at Exit 82B are similar; the newer, more upscale properties are mostly at the Dave Lyle exit (79.) The motel has a small exercise room in a converted guest room, but no swimming pool.

Our room was 122, a 2 Queen bed unit on the ground level with at-the-door parking. This room had received a fairly extensive renovation, with bright orange the prevailing color. The color choice isn't random; back in Howard Johnson's heyday in the 1960's and 1970's, the chain was known for the orange tile roofs on its A-frame lobby buildings and restaurants. Most of the furniture is new; the table and toilet seat appeared to be holdovers with evident wear and tear. The bathroom door was squeaky; some eyeglasses cleaner on the hinges seemed to quiet them, at least for our overnight stay.

our room had a microwave, refrigerator, flat panel TV, and other expected amenities like coffee maker and wireless internet (which worked well.) The desk and nightstand lamps, as well as the alarm clock, had outlets and USB charging ports. In typical exterior corridor fashion, the bathroom is small with the sink outside of it. The sink faucet was installed so it works in reverse - move the handle right for hot water and left for cold water. This may or may not be the case for the other rooms.

Perhaps most importantly, the room was clean and in good working order, except for the squeaky door hinge and reverse operating sink faucet. Only other complaint would be the 4:30 AM visit from a garbage truck emptying out a dumpster that woke us up - and if it was at a neighboring business, then there's not much they can do about that.

Staff at both check-in and check-out were friendly and helpful. Breakfast offerings were decent enough, albeit without any meats. The small breakfast room also only has four tables. cost for our stay was just shy of $81, including taxes and a 10% discount that we were eligible for. A fair rate for the quality of the room, but I've paid similar rates for equally nice rooms at other hotels which have had better breakfasts and more amenities like pools. At the same time, I've certainly paid much more and gotten far less at certain other hotels.

The Howard Johnson in Rock Hill is undoubtedly a budget-minded property. But it's a nice budget-minded property, great for a quick overnight stop. Clean, updated rooms and a decent free breakfast - if that's all you need and you don't want to spend a lot, the Howard Johnson is definitely worth looking into.

• Trip type: Travelled with family

I am particularly pleased that you found our room clean and updated. I will share your comments with our team, who I am certain will be encouraged by your remarks. I am sorry that a garbage truck woke you up early. Here at Howard Johnson, we continuously strive to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 19 October 2018

I have stayed here a few times before but this time I was pleasantly surprised by a complete renovation. The staff was very attentive and listens to your needs. Noise level is low and doesn't make which room you stay in. Breakfast is very basic but adequate. For the money this a great choice.

• Trip type: Travelled solo

I am particularly pleased that you liked our newly renovated room. I will share your comments with our team, who I am certain will be encouraged by your remarks. Here at Howard Johnson, we continuously strive to exceed your expectations.