“Really Good”

The Famous Toastery
Ranked #35 of 304 Restaurants in Rock Hill
Reviewed 16 November 2017

We were visiting from Virginia, and our friends took us to The Toastery. We ordered breakfast & enjoyed it a lot. I ordered French Toast with cream cheese and Strawberry and bacon, hot chocolate. My husband ordered an omelet with sausage. My friend ordered French toast with blueberries, and our other friend ordered egg white omelet and veggies. Everyone enjoyed their meals. Several different waiters/waitresses came by to check on us. One waiter offered me more decaf coffee, but when I told him that I had hot chocolate, he walked away. Didn't offer me any more. It was a very cold day, and frankly, I would have loved some more hot chocolate. The French Toast that I had was wonderful, but there was a lot on the plate, so I took half of it home to enjoy another day !!!

Reviewed 2 October 2017

Tried this restaurant for the first time last week. They have converted a former Bank location into a restaurant. We arrived at 1100AM to miss the lunch crowd. We ordered a meat loaf ,scalloped potatoes, and salad. The plate was delivered to us practically overflowing. The meatloaf was one of the best that I have ever tasted,(except my late Mother). the scallops were listed as potato salad. however, they were still excellent. This place is part of a recent chain restaurant startup. I must applaud them for an excellent presentation.
This is a definite go to if you are hungry.

Reviewed 29 September 2017

I start by saying that my husband and I have ate here multiple times and have tried different things. The first time, right when they opened they had AMAZING gravy for their biscuits, we were blown away and couldn't wait to come back for that gravy. Unfortunately, it hasn't been the same since. The second time we went I decided to get the strawberry stuffed French toast, yall... I paid over $10 for toast that wasn't frenched at all and the "stuffed" part of it was literally strawberry cream cheese. There were sliced strawberries on top though. So I paid $10 for 2 pieces of toast that had strawberry cream cheese in the middle and the bad part is that it was highlighted as one of their featured items. I have had better French toast at Ihop. The bacon is really good though and if you are looking for alcohol with your breakfast it is one of the very few places that you can order alcohol at brunch. If you are wanting the food just stick with The Yolk.

Reviewed 31 August 2017

my wife and i wanted to try this new restaurant. It is mostly a breakfast and light lunch establishment. However, the meatloaf ,mashed potatoes,roasted veggies and gravy was the ultimate. The plate was practically overflowing when presented to us. Boy, were we impressed. In fact, there was so much, my wife got a to go with enough for a second meal.
recommend this place, absolutely!

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

Another Go-to choice for breakfast date with my spouse. Offers lots of choices in omelettes, breakfast sandwiches, griddle favs and a few more healthy options than traditional breakfast spots. I loved the plate- sized apple cinnamon pancakes in the egg combo plate. Interesting that they serve alcohol at breakfast in Irish coffees, mimosas, Bloody Mary's, etc. We saw the college crowd lining up for theirs with breakfast. But very family friendly as well. A bit on the pricier side , but you won't feel underdressed in the down home atmosphere . Coffee is awesome , and the cornbread and homemade apple butter is complimentary.