All reviews room was clean first floor would stay again dale cereal florida microwave interstate bedspread hurricane charlotte
Reviewed 4 November 2018 via mobile

Being from Myrtle beach and spending the weekend at a Rock hill soccer tourney, we booked a group rate at the room. Most of the team was staying there and the reviews were not that great but we wanted the team to stay together. We pulled up in the parking lot to find a dated hotel/motel with beer cans and other assorted trash in the parking lot from the nightclub across the parking lot!! We went in to check in and my 16 yr old refused to stay as the lobby is run down and not very inviting. She stated “I’ll be sleeping in the car!” The desk clerk seemed upset that we caught her during a meal and was eating her dinner while attempting to sign us in. At that point we decided to not stay and went to a Best Western 1.3 miles away! 2 groups stayed but the others refused and stayed somewhere else! I will be calling for a refund on Monday first thing!! Dated, run down, not very inviting!!

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 9 October 2018

This room was very heavily sprayed with deodorizer. The decor was very dated. Carpet dark so you couldn't tell how clean it was. Price was good. Close to the interstate. Would not recommend this property.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
General M, Manager at Baymont by Wyndham Rock Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2018

We appreciate the time taken for the response and comments. We will do the needful to address your concerns and will work harder to improve the place for our guests.

Reviewed 9 October 2018

When traveling with family, we all know how difficult it is to keep the family, especially the kids, from going crazy. Add an autistic child to the mix and you can see how when promises are made, it is essential they be kept. We were on day 2 of a 3 day trip and the promise of a swimming pool at our upcoming hotel stop was the only thing keeping a couple of stir crazy children from losing it. I called this hotel to make a reservation and after selecting one from the automated options, was forwarded to a woman who took my reservation and assured me the hotel had a working open pool. Fast forward, lobby smells bad, room smells bad, but we are in our room and changed for the pool. We walk out back and the pool is green with a cover lazily draped over it. When I spoke to the manager, he referred to their own booking people as a third party that they have no responsibility for. Failed to make any accommodation other than refunding my money and sending me on my way. The booking organization said it would take them a week to review the situation and they would get back to me. Please if you are reading this don't do business with Baymont or any Wyndham brand. If this is how they deal with problems, by passing the buck and failing to take responsibility when they screw up then they are not people to be trusted with your business.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank balrog123

We understand your concern and have taken the issue to the reservation agency. The outdoor seasonal pool was closed Two weeks ago and the call forwarding services should had called the hotel before making any promises. You needed a pool for the family that we could not provide as our pool had been closed TWO weeks ago. That was the reason we cancelled the guaranteed reservation after staying in room for about four hours and allowed you to go to another hotel that may have an indoor pool. We apologize sincerely for the inconvenience you had.

Reviewed 8 October 2018

I've never stayed in such a filthy place, and in retrospect, I believe I probably should have said something to the attendant as soon as we walked in to the stale, foul-smelling stench and immediately found a medium-sized cockroach crawling down the shower wall. We were so tired and just wanted to get through the night; from the impression we got of the guy on duty at check-in who seemed to be full of excuses, we just didn't want to put up a fight. But as our stay went on, we found more problems, including a plastic fork behind the bed, bug feces in the a/c unit, a broken recliner that didn't budge, red sauce (grease?) smeared all over the mini-fridge that got on our hands when we opened it, and evident mold in multiple places, including the coffee maker, the ceiling, and the wall beside the a/c unit. We thoroughly examined the beds and since they did seem clean, we stayed. There is no elevator, which the attendant let on was the fault of "whoever originally built it." The online description mentions that there is a lounge on site; it's actually a separate karaoke bar that is more like a night club, which charges an additional fee for admittance. The ice machine in the hallway was broke down, and the pool is permanently closed until next summer--though they also don't tell you that on the web site. I worked in the hotel business many years ago and I think that, even though I have seen some severe things, this is perhaps the nastiest personal experience I have ever had with a hotel room.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

We use orkin for all our pest control services and they have been guaranteeing for the performance and effectiveness of their work. We have taken the concern to them and have expressed our deep concern in the matter. ORKIN is taking necessary action to resolve the Pest related issues. We have our housekeeping supervisor looking in to your other comments and concerns. Our sincere apology for the experience you had at our place. We will definitely work harder to improve this place.

Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

The staff was very helpful, especially the night attendant, who's name was either dean or dale. I liked the unique architecture of the building, loved the sliding glass doors, rooms clean and bed comfy.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family

We appreciate your business and also appreciate your time taken for the comments and feedback. We will continue working hard.