“Ok....”
Review of Plantation Resort

Plantation Resort
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Surfside Beach
Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

I was expecting a little bit more being a Wyndham hotel. The appliances were working ok, the television sets were below par. Bring your own soaps especially shapmoo because they will not give you good ones. Towels are small even, the beach towels. It may have been a better experience if the weather was better.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
dcnelson07, Manager at Plantation Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide your review Florinda. We are constantly striving to make improvements to provide every guest with the best experience possible. Our goal is to always provide an exceptional vacation experience at Plantation Resort and your feedback is greatly appreciated. We hope you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed 30 December 2017

The folks above us changed mid week. The first people were great. The second bunch had a child that was allowed to run laps through the condo and jump off of furniture. This shook the brick building and was hard to drown out with the TV. When I called about this I was told that the place was family friendly and the activity of running and jumping in the condo was acceptable and there was nothing they would do about it. Unless you can get a top floor beware. Check out was at 10 AM and at 9:15 a clean up person was already trying to get into our unit as we were trying to get packed and out. No good referrals from me.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
dcnelson07, Manager at Plantation Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2018

Thank you for providing your review BaltimoreRedbird. Unfortunately, we cannot enforce the limitation of noise unless it is breaking the quiet hours policy. Due to the fact that we are a family friendly resort, we aren’t able to address noise complaints outside of the designated quite hours.

We strongly encourage that you request a second-floor unit when making your reservations to avoid any noise disturbances in the future. We are always happy to accommodate our guests to provide an exceptional vacation experience. We apologize for your experience you had during your stay and we hope you will give us a second chance in the future.

Reviewed 29 November 2017 via mobile

We booked here for the first time after usually staying at another place in Surfside. Wow! I'd never stay anywhere else again. This condo we were in was beautiful and the patio was fabulous! The patio was our favorite part of the stay as we love the outdoors. Our only complaint would be the excessively noisy people above us, playing drums, blaring music to the point our balcony and living room floor were vibrating, rearranging stuff constantly. We would definitely stay here again we'd just request a top floor unit as we know how to be considerate of people below us. The staff were friendly and helpful. We didn't take advantage of the indoor pool but did go in to see and it looked really nice and enjoyable.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
dcnelson07, Manager at Plantation Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2017

We are glad that you enjoyed your vacation with us cindycX3115CP! Thank you for staying with us and sharing about your experience. We are happy that you were pleased with your condo, considering we are continuously making improvements to provide every guest with the best experience possible. We hope you consider us your home away from home and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 25 November 2017 via mobile

I have been a co owner in the time share at Plantation since 1999. Have been coming here every November for many years. I have always enjoyed my stay until this past week. So disappointed. I was in a first level room on this visit which was very nice. I was enjoying myself relaxing on the first night after my long drive. Later in the evening loud stomping noises and the sound of someone moving furniture disrupted my slumber. I thought wow must be someone staying up above and just arrived. Noises on and off through the night. At 7:00 the next morning I was awoken by what only could be described as a cattle stampede that lasted up until I left for an outing. Upon returning later in the day all was quiet for about an hour. The tenants above must have been out. Next thing I hear was the sound of furniture being pushed across the floor above from front to back of unit down the hallway and back. Then the loud stomping and running . I thought not another night. It stopped eventually. At 7:00 am like clockwork all the stomping , running and furniture moving started again. No sleeping in. Left for the day and decided I had enough of this and reported to the check in desk. The young lady behind the counter listened to my ordeal and said that I shouldn't have to endure such excessive noise and said she would have security pay a visit to the tenants and resolve the situation. Upon returning that evening all was quiet. At 7:00 am yet again it starts. Same constant noises like chalk down a chalk board. Left for the day. I returned that evening. Noises started except this time louder as if I was being mocked for complaining. I thought that if I called security and reported it myself that they would certainty explain to the tenants that there is no sound proofing and maybe they would be courteous enough to be mindful of others and try to tone it down a little. When I called security and explained the situation to the officer he told me that he cannot tell the tenants that they are being too noisy. If this happened after 11:00 pm then he would see what he could do. So I guess I'm supposed to put up with the excessive noises from the upstairs tenants that wake me up at the crack of dawn every morning and deal with it on my vacation. Then when I'm in my unit trying to relax on my vacation I have to deal with the constant noises from above. I have ownership in this timeshare resort and feel as much money as I paid for it that I should BE ABLE TO ENJOY MY VACATION!!!! I have serious doubts That I will return to this place. Im gonna get with RCI and find another place where maybe there are more courteous tenants and employees that truly care about their guests/ timeshare owners.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Laralie D
dcnelson07, Manager at Plantation Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2017

Thank you for your comments Laralie D. We try our very best to accommodate all of our guests during their stay with us. We cannot enforce the limitation of noise unless it is breaking the quiet hours policy. Unfortunately, due to the fact we are a family friendly resort, we aren’t able to address noise complaints outside of the designated quite hours.

We are glad that you brought this to our attention, because we value your ownership with us. Which is why our Front Desk Manager will reach out to you shortly.

In the future, we strongly encourage that you request a second-floor unit when making your reservations to avoid any noise disturbances. We are always happy to accommodate our owners in every way possible to provide an exceptional vacation experience. We apologize for your experience you had during your stay and we hope you will give us a second chance in the near future.

Reviewed 6 November 2017

We booked a 1 bedroom condo through our RCI account. The unit was spacious. The kitchen was very well appointed compared to many we have booked, and the grounds were beautiful. The heated indoor pool was TRULY heated, and, all 3 of the hot tubs worked. (So many places that we stay advertise a hot tub but they are not, and have not, been in working order.) As an earlier reviewer said, it is nice to have a 24 hour pool and hot tub on the premises as well.
Even though the resort is off of the beach, we would definitely stay here again and recommend that anyone coming to this area book here. The spacious rooms, well appointed units, and shuttle to take you to and from the beach make this a great option for an "any season" getaway to the beach!

Room Tip: building 214 is right across from the children pool area as well as the 24 hour pool and hot tub