“DO NOT STAY HERE!”
Review of Trout Haven Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Deadwood
Trout Haven Resort
Reviewed 18 August 2015

This place stinks, literally! Before I booked this place I read the reviews, only had one bad one at the time, so I thought oh just one, this place isn’t too bad. Oh man was I wrong. Booked for three nights, only stayed one. We stayed in Cabin 6 and let’s just say the owners do not believe in hygiene. When we got there to check in the so called office looked like some episode of Hoarders. At the time we saw nobody else staying there. When we drove up to the cabin and walked in we were like what the heck died in here! The couch/bed looked like it hadn’t been cleaned in years, you could slap your hand on it and see the dust cloud. The sheets and pillows cases looked like they got them out of 10c yard sale that needed to be soaked in bleach and the towels looked the same too. The bathroom looked as if it hadn’t been cleaned in years! The walls and floor of the shower were in yellow! And to top it off there was a coffee maker, no coffee and no mugs oh but hey we had filters. With the amount that charge per night you would think that they could afford some upgrades and staff. The owners told us if we needed anything that they were the cabin at the top of the hill, so the next day (we couldn’t wait to get the heck out of there) we drove down the office and guess what no one was there!! The hours stated 8:00AM to 8:00PM there so called café wasn’t even open and it was 8:30 AM. So we left and came back at 2:30pm and guess what still no one was there and thing was opened. So I called them left them a message and left the keys between the doors! They are still not answering my calls. I want my money back! This place needs to go out of business! People if you read this whole thing STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE!. You will thank me.

Room Tip: do not stay here
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Brenda Taylor J

Reviewed 17 August 2015

Tent site we chose was very accommodating and comfortable, the flat areas for the tents were in a grassy area very soft, had a fire ring and a scenic setting. We were the farthest site from the bathrooms yet still only a couple minutes walk. We ate every morning in the café, excellent breakfasts, very friendly staff and understanding to needs. It was an extremely busy weekend and week for the Rally, everything went well and the campground was nice and quiet. I would definitely recommend and return.

Room Tip: stayed in the campground, all the cabins were presold.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
3  Thank Tom G
Reviewed 17 August 2015 via mobile

My wife actually told me to pull in. I went in to see what it's about. I actually ran to the car to get her and the kids. We fished Rainbow Trout in their pond. What a blast! I was amazed how we caught fish like we did. Absolutely going back!! Absolutely!!! To heck with Pactola Lake, get to Trout Haven!! More like Trout Heaven!!

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Joe S
Reviewed 10 August 2015

To say this place is a fraud, is understating the facts. When my crew arrived to the cabin location, they had re-sold the cabin to someone else and would not compensate the money back for the Sturgis Run on 8-3-2015. It took us threatening the 3rd party company who books the room to get any satisfaction, even the cop's had to come out. The property owners did not care and most likely booked it for a higher cost, we had this reserved almost a year. They are in the right place, just put on a mask next time you plan to rob someone. People PLEASE DO NOT STAY HERE AT ANY COST, Stay in Deadwood INSTEAD. Shame on them.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 June 2015

I have a cabin in Hill city. During the serious floods I needed help. Trout Haven was having their own issues to deal with, but opened their hearts and put me up in a cabin. Home made breakfast was a real treat in their cafe and the cabin they were kind enough to open had what I needed. The location is perfect for those who want to see the Black Hills. Honestly, if you have any issues, just talk to them. Thank you from this local!!!

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends