“A must stop every year!”
Review of Trout Haven Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Deadwood
Trout Haven Resort
Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

I make it a point to stop by every year i'm in the area. Catch your own fish and have it cooked up right now. Ice cold beer. Nice RV spot make this a nice quiet out of the way spot. It's a good place to spend some cool down time either going to or coming from keystone, Mount Rushmore area

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends

Reviewed 3 July 2017

Trout Haven was the absolute worst customer service experience we have ever had!!! Being a local from the area and having fished at Trout Haven with my Grandpa, I wanted to take me granddaughters to teach them to fish at aTrout Haven. I called in advance to make sure they were open and were told they would be open that weekend for fishing. We showed up at the designated time on Sunday and there was no one there. A sign on the door said "Call for check-in. No fish!". I called but there was no answer and left a message. We waited for 20 minutes with no response and left. Of course we had Very disappointed grand daughters!!!
I called later in the week and left a message about our experience. I got a call back that said they were too busy to respond but were open for fishing. Since they were a local business, I decided to give aTrout Haven a second chance and calleed to leav a message to make a reservation for the following weekend. I received a call back that later in the week that they would be available for fishing with an apology and a detailed explanation of their fishing services and a promise to be there the following weekend for fishing assistance.
We made arrangements to have our granddaughters again for the weekend to teach them to fish. I even called Trout Haven and left a message to confirm our arrival time but did not get a returned call. We got to Trout Haven at the appointed time and were met once again with closed door with the Same sign saying "Call for check-in. No Fish! " I called and someone finally answered this time saying they had no knowledge of our previous phone call attempts and he wasn't aware of any arrangements and they had no fish in the pond. Again we had very disappointed granddaughters!
We will never, EVER go to Trout Haven again!!! Worst customer experience ever!!!

Room Tip: Worst customer experience ever!,,
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank LaRece S
Reviewed 21 July 2016 via mobile

We stayed overnight in one of the comfy cabins. The beds were amazing and I had a great night sleep. Then in the morning we had the best breakfast I've had in a long time. If you want a wonderful homemade breakfast, come to Trout Haven. As if it couldn't get much better, later in the day we fished and the cafe cooked our catch! Wow! It was a wonderful lunch! And one of my side dishes was homemade French fries! The staff and cooks are friendly and you feel like family! Great experience! Beautiful campground!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Juli S
Reviewed 17 June 2016 via mobile

After being disappointed at the cave tour being sold out, we stopped at Trout Haven so the kids could have a little fun. I looked up the site and saw they closed at 4, it was 330. I called and asked if they would stay open as we wouldn't be there until 350. They stayed open for us and we're very very nice people. It wasn't cheap but we fed a large family with the fish the kids easily caught. They clean and ice the fish for you if you want to take them with you. Thank you for your kindness!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 February 2016 via mobile

This place was absolutely amazing. Friendly people and amazing campground. I will definitely return and recommend this place to all. We had the campsite next to a big teepee, it was beautiful. Thank you guys for being part of our vacation, your resort was absolutely top notch. LOVED IT.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family